ST strength in S&P and Dow with VIX up

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 A-ha

A-ha

• Traders-Talk User
  • 5,875 posts

Posted 02 March 2007 - 11:26 AM

a simple migration to quality with a fear of God before the mother of all hits the town

ST Battle btw Bulls and Bears at QQQQ=43

Edited by xD&Cox, 02 March 2007 - 11:28 AM.

#2 jjc

jjc

• Traders-Talk User
  • 2,886 posts

Posted 02 March 2007 - 11:34 AM

a simple migration to quality with a fear of God before the mother of all hits the town

ST Battle btw Bulls and Bears at QQQQ=43

Probably will not be resolved on a friday.

#3 Cirrus

Cirrus

• TT Patron+
  • 5,735 posts

Posted 02 March 2007 - 11:36 AM

I think the give away is the weakness in gold. The plunge is warning of a temporary liquidity squeeze.

#4 jawndissedi

jawndissedi

• Traders-Talk User
  • 1,018 posts

Posted 02 March 2007 - 11:41 AM

I know everybody's fascinated with "da cubes," but they really are a distraction. The crucial downside leadership is going to be provided by XBD first, followed by BKX. If you want to understand why, read this story from Bloomberg.

BTW, when I say "leadership," what I'm referring to is stocks that will provide the impetus for the decline -- as opposed to stocks that will decline the most. The worst declines will be reflected in RUT where you have companies that will, in fact, be insolvent once the credit bubble pops. JMHO, of course.

Edited by jawndissedi, 02 March 2007 - 11:43 AM.

Da nile is more than a river in Egypt.

#5 A-ha

A-ha

• Traders-Talk User
  • 5,875 posts

Posted 02 March 2007 - 11:50 AM

I know everybody's fascinated with "da cubes," but they really are a distraction. The crucial downside leadership is going to be provided by XBD first, followed by BKX. If you want to understand why, read this story from Bloomberg.

BTW, when I say "leadership," what I referring to is stocks that will provide the impetus for the decline -- as opposed to stocks that will decline the most. The worst declines will be reflected in RUT where you have companies that will, in fact, be insolvent once the credit bubble pops. JMHO, of course.

That is why I am short spoos big time. My QQQQ observation is just for the short term.

Historical fact is whenever the market sold off in a crash fashion, S&P500 got the biggest hit, and Nasdaq got the smallest. Why, because the big money leaves Nasdaq ahead of these moves. Didnt NDX topped out on Jan 18 followed by SPX in late Feb. During the initial phase, funds migrate to S&P then when the bottom falls out, these whales run over each other down the hill.

See the decade long banking index chart I posted a while ago, ;)

Posted Image

#6 Cirrus

Cirrus

• TT Patron+
  • 5,735 posts

Posted 02 March 2007 - 11:56 AM

BTW, when I say "leadership," what I'm referring to is stocks that will provide the impetus for the decline -- as opposed to stocks that will decline the most. The worst declines will be reflected in RUT where you have companies that will, in fact, be insolvent once the credit bubble pops. JMHO, of course.

Agree. You would think the houses like MS, GS and UBS that are responsible for the majority of volume on the NYSE and are heavily involved with all exchanges know where there own stock should be priced. I see this correction just like the May correction which was the last time $/yen spiked heavily and rapidly.