• Please log in to reply
12 replies to this topic

#1 OEXCHAOS

OEXCHAOS

Mark S. Young

• Admin
  • 22,036 posts

Posted 05 March 2007 - 07:53 AM

I understand than many followed Martin Armstrong and his analysis in the '90s by subscribing then tho his PEI publication. He is said to have had an early computer model based on the business cycles that was "amazingly accurate". He had projected a major turning point in Feb 2007 in a 1999 report and as a result of that old publication 2/27/07 was marked on the calendar of a rather good gold market prognosticator that was mentioned in his subscription service report this afternoon. No further info was kept from the PEI Reports it seems so nothing more is available. Much has changed that might influence outcomes as seven years have past since Martin's work had been updated and rumors abound as to what happened to him. Any chance that anyone here recalls Martin or might have a copy of his 1999 work that further notes his predictions? REGARDS, Mike

Mark S Young
Wall Street Sentiment
Get a free trial here:
http://wallstreetsen...t.com/trial.htm
You can now follow me on twitter

#2 Frac_Man

Frac_Man

Hank Wernicki M.A.

• Traders-Talk User
  • 1,458 posts

Posted 05 March 2007 - 08:02 AM

yes I will post the model for you

Hank

I understand than many followed Martin Armstrong and his analysis in the '90s by subscribing then tho his PEI publication. He is said to have had an early computer model based on the business cycles that was "amazingly accurate". He had projected a major turning point in Feb 2007 in a 1999 report and as a result of that old publication 2/27/07 was marked on the calendar of a rather good gold market prognosticator that was mentioned in his subscription service report this afternoon. No further info was kept from the PEI Reports it seems so nothing more is available. Much has changed that might influence outcomes as seven years have past since Martin's work had been updated and rumors abound as to what happened to him. Any chance that anyone here recalls Martin or might have a copy of his 1999 work that further notes his predictions?

REGARDS,

Mike

#3 raj

raj

• Traders-Talk User
  • 2 posts

Posted 05 March 2007 - 08:06 AM

I understand than many followed Martin Armstrong and his analysis in the '90s by subscribing then tho his PEI publication. He is said to have had an early computer model based on the business cycles that was "amazingly accurate". He had projected a major turning point in Feb 2007 in a 1999 report and as a result of that old publication 2/27/07 was marked on the calendar of a rather good gold market prognosticator that was mentioned in his subscription service report this afternoon. No further info was kept from the PEI Reports it seems so nothing more is available. Much has changed that might influence outcomes as seven years have past since Martin's work had been updated and rumors abound as to what happened to him. Any chance that anyone here recalls Martin or might have a copy of his 1999 work that further notes his predictions?

REGARDS,

Mike

Mike
Tom of Tradertom.co.uk has an artical about this and his model
regards
Raj patel

#4 eminimee

eminimee

I don't care who's fur is flying...

• TT Member
  • 14,307 posts

Posted 05 March 2007 - 08:08 AM

If someone could also explain that model....I understand that it's based on a business cycle and not stock market...although they could be one in the same....they may not be.

#5 raj

raj

• Traders-Talk User
  • 2 posts

Posted 05 March 2007 - 08:13 AM

If someone could also explain that model....I understand that it's based on a business cycle and not stock market...although they could be one in the same....they may not be.

Teaparty,
Have a look at Tom website he has a writeup from as back as 6th of February with Armstrong prediction and turn date of 27th Feb
raj

#6 .Blizzard

.Blizzard

• Traders-Talk User
  • 1,208 posts

Posted 05 March 2007 - 08:27 AM

http://www.contrahou...n_armstron.html

http://princetonecon...s.blogspot.com/

Posted Image

The Economic Confidence Model in 2.15-year intervals

1998.55... 07/20/98

2000.7.... 09/13/00

2002.85... 11/08/02

2005.... 01/02/05

2007.15... 02/27/07

2009.3... 04/23/09

2011.45... 06/18/11

2013.6... 08/12/13

2015.75... 10/07/15

2017.9... 12/01/17

2020.05... 01/26/20

2022.2... 03/22/22

2024.35... 05/16/24

2026.5... 07/11/26

2028.65... 09/04/28

2030.8... 10/30/30

2032.95... 12/24/32

Edited by .Blizzard, 05 March 2007 - 08:30 AM.

#7 flyers&divers

flyers&divers

• TT Patron+
  • 1,106 posts

Posted 05 March 2007 - 08:30 AM

this is the link I have:

http://www.contrahou...n_armstron.html

It is amazing that this man, who is now a legend, is in the can probably in the vicinity of Wall Street (for contempt of court).

F&D
"Successful trading is more about Sun Tzu then Elliott." F&D

#8 Russ

Russ

• Traders-Talk User
  • 7,201 posts

Posted 05 March 2007 - 08:31 AM

The model is a private business cycle model - derived from the stock market, which of course represents private business of human economies.

Edited by Russ, 05 March 2007 - 08:32 AM.

"Nulla tenaci invia est via" - Latin for "For the tenacious, no road is impossible".
"In order to master the markets, you must first master yourself" ... JP Morgan
"Most people lose money because they cannot admit they are wrong"... Martin Armstrong

http://marketvisions.blogspot.com/

#9 Russ

Russ

• Traders-Talk User
  • 7,201 posts

Posted 05 March 2007 - 08:43 AM

I mentioned to Selecto in an earlier post last week (about Selecto posting his 'doodles' on a blog) about my blog which is dedicated to Martin. As Blizzard just noted my webblog is at: http://princetonecon...s.blogspot.com/ whic has a twin called MarketVisions.

I have studied his work for close to two decades, including attending lectures,subscription to the Armstrong report and talking to him in person and on email. I have been in contact with his son Martin Jr. for several years in an attempt to help his father.

This is a panic cycle, it is not likely the start of a bear market. It should be over in another 5 weeks or so.

Russ

REGARDS,

Mike

"Nulla tenaci invia est via" - Latin for "For the tenacious, no road is impossible".
"In order to master the markets, you must first master yourself" ... JP Morgan
"Most people lose money because they cannot admit they are wrong"... Martin Armstrong

http://marketvisions.blogspot.com/

#10 eminimee

eminimee

I don't care who's fur is flying...

• TT Member
  • 14,307 posts

Posted 05 March 2007 - 08:51 AM

thanks all...