NEW has already traded > 1 million shares: down 60%

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 jawndissedi

jawndissedi

• Traders-Talk User
  • 1,018 posts

Posted 05 March 2007 - 08:53 AM

With some companies clearly marked for extinction, the survivors may catch a significant bounce much sooner than many expect -- particularly now that the MSM is all over the story. Much as I hate to say so, CFC is on the top of my subprime survivor list. The CEO is a piece of work who has looted the company for more than half a billion dollars, but he's very shrewd. I will cover my short position in CFC sooner rather than later.
Da nile is more than a river in Egypt.

#2 greenie

greenie

• Traders-Talk ~
  • 3,184 posts

Posted 05 March 2007 - 09:01 AM

What's new? :D
It is not the doing that is difficult, but the knowing

It's the illiquidity, stupid !

#3 greenie

greenie

• Traders-Talk ~
  • 3,184 posts

Posted 05 March 2007 - 09:26 AM

Also, wanted to congratulate you for bringing the subprime sector to our attention two months back. You were the first one (or maybe only one) in this board, who mentioned here about possible collapse of NEW and other subprime heroes. Check LEND, FMT, NDE and others. They are all cratering today. My huge NDE short from friday is up nicely. I am thinking of taking the money off and shorting some collapsible homebuilders. Will decide based on today's action. Good investigative work !! P. S. It is ironic that the home lending companies, who keep bashing renters against homeowners, are going to pay my next months' rent :D :D

Edited by greenie, 05 March 2007 - 09:30 AM.

#4 jawndissedi

jawndissedi

• Traders-Talk User
  • 1,018 posts

Posted 05 March 2007 - 09:56 AM

Also, wanted to congratulate you for bringing the subprime sector to our attention two months back. You were the first one (or maybe only one) in this board, who mentioned here about possible collapse of NEW and other subprime heroes.

Check LEND, FMT, NDE and others. They are all cratering today. My huge NDE short from friday is up nicely. I am thinking of taking the money off and shorting some collapsible homebuilders. Will decide based on today's action.

Good investigative work !!

P. S. It is ironic that the home lending companies, who keep bashing renters against homeowners, are going to pay my next months' rent :D :D

Thanks, Greenie. I think it's a great idea to take profits on large short positions here. Nice trade on NDE.

Homebuilder definitely look vulnerable. Also, keep your eye on FIG -- I know you can't short it, but I think it may be an important "tell."

Edited by jawndissedi, 05 March 2007 - 09:57 AM.

Da nile is more than a river in Egypt.

#5 greenie

greenie

• Traders-Talk ~
  • 3,184 posts

Posted 05 March 2007 - 04:13 PM

Thanks, Greenie. I think it's a great idea to take profits on large short positions here. Nice trade on NDE.

Could not make myself take profit on them :(. NDE has more room to go, now that it broke 30 support with gusto.