Photo

Although we may not have hit a bottom...

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 eminimee

eminimee

I don't care who's fur is flying...

• TT Member
  • 14,307 posts

Posted 05 March 2007 - 01:21 PM

my superdoopersupersecret indicator is saying that "risk" is subsiding......that does not mean go long by any means...but it does mean keep shorts on a leash.

#2 arbman

arbman

Quant

• Traders-Talk User
  • 19,504 posts

Posted 05 March 2007 - 01:37 PM

I will cover all of my shorts here and wait for a bounce to get short again, I will probably keep a small trading long position. So far the market has been very generous to accomodate the trend trading. OEX option guys are also saying the risk is reduced too... - kisa PS. these are for my index positions, I digged a bit over the weekend for some stock issues to go long and short. I think I am keeping most of them for IT, but they do not represent a significant portion of my overall account --for now :D

#3 qqqqtrdr

qqqqtrdr

• Traders-Talk User
  • 3,223 posts

Posted 05 March 2007 - 01:37 PM

I'm looking to go long here sometime soon for a trade that will take us a few percent higher before shorting again. I must note I am thinking a short term bottom would come tomorrow, but now it looks closer to Wednesday. The indices must soon wear off their oversold nature and go to Neutral, we should see Advance/Declines start to firm up a bit a day or two before the turn. It hasn't happened yet. Barry

#4 eminimee

eminimee

• TT Member
  • 14,307 posts

Posted 05 March 2007 - 01:46 PM

Wed. indeed...the ol' WWW....higher low or lower low is the question....

#5 eminimee

eminimee

• TT Member
  • 14,307 posts

Posted 05 March 2007 - 01:59 PM

again...don't think we've seen the lows...you know what my target is.....but there is sign on this chart today that's potentially VERY positive for the longer term...

See it?

http://stockcharts.com/c-sc/sc?s=$OEX:$SPX&p=D&st=1990-01-01&i=p29730383462&a=98616671&r=711.png

#6 arbman

arbman

Quant

• Traders-Talk User
  • 19,504 posts

Posted 05 March 2007 - 02:03 PM

The RUT will lag, so the breath might not give enough of an indication for a pending bounce here, the market depth that the money flow is capable of reaching should diminish while the liquidity is being reduced. On the other hand, the large cap sector cycle is pointing out to a bounce with the strength in the growth areas today...

#7 arbman

arbman

Quant

• Traders-Talk User
  • 19,504 posts

Posted 05 March 2007 - 03:11 PM

Heh! Spoke so early today...