You reading my mind

#3 greenie

greenie

• Traders-Talk ~
  • 3,184 posts

Posted 05 March 2007 - 03:52 PM

Not mind - I read your post :D

Posted Image

Also, Jawndissedi has been saying something similar about midcaps from Aug. He usually brings good stuff.
It is not the doing that is difficult, but the knowing

It's the illiquidity, stupid !

#4 A-ha

A-ha

• Traders-Talk User
  • 5,875 posts

Posted 05 March 2007 - 04:02 PM

I was watching the closing... S&P500, S&P Midcap , S&P Smallcap and Russell2K all closed at the lowest tick of the day ! So I guess roundy roundy it goes...

Edited by xD&Cox, 05 March 2007 - 04:04 PM.

#5 greenie

greenie

• Traders-Talk ~
  • 3,184 posts

Posted 05 March 2007 - 04:09 PM

Add oex to your list. I think high interest rate and tougher credit environment are squeezing smaller companies more than large ones. If you are GM, you can keep floating junk bonds and have yet another quarter to run. Smaller guys do not have such luxury.
It is not the doing that is difficult, but the knowing

It's the illiquidity, stupid !

#6 A-ha

A-ha

• Traders-Talk User
  • 5,875 posts

Posted 05 March 2007 - 04:13 PM

Add oex to your list.

I think high interest rate and tougher credit environment are squeezing smaller companies more than large ones. If you are GM, you can keep floating junk bonds and have yet another quarter to run. Smaller guys do not have such luxury.

Absolutely correct. That is why I turned bearish on Utilities today. Utilities always get hit when rates rise. If the sector wasn't low beta, I would short it today.

#7 vitaminm

vitaminm

• Traders-Talk User
  • 6,701 posts

Posted 05 March 2007 - 10:43 PM

Add oex to your list.

I think high interest rate and tougher credit environment are squeezing smaller companies more than large ones. If you are GM, you can keep floating junk bonds and have yet another quarter to run. Smaller guys do not have such luxury.

Absolutely correct. That is why I turned bearish on Utilities today. Utilities always get hit when rates rise. If the sector wasn't low beta, I would short it today.

http://finance.yahoo...XLU,UPW,SDP&d=s
vitaminm