Every day I come on and check the boards

• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

#1 dcengr

dcengr

• Traders-Talk User
  • 13,391 posts

Posted 06 March 2007 - 10:53 AM

Words like "COMING SCORCH", or "I would not short this market in my lifetime" etc. People keep comparing this correction to the last few corrections. I knew this would happen. Except this isn't like the previous corrections. One, you have every talking head coming out saying everything is fine, economy is strong, etc etc. While the economic data keeps coming out saying otherwise. Maybe they can all read the future, I don't know. My guess is not. What I read from sentiment is complacency, and a lot of knife catching. Meanwhile, leverage is still very huge. Bearishness ain't even near a point where bottoms should be. Only person shorting pops seems to be XD. Everyone else apears to be buying the dips.
Qui custodiet ipsos custodes?

#2 paulstan

paulstan

• Traders-Talk User
  • 452 posts

Posted 06 March 2007 - 10:56 AM

I echo your assessment . . . see my post below. Sentiment is an interesting thing . . . it's slow in changing.

#3 Cirrus

Cirrus

• TT Patron+
  • 5,735 posts

Posted 06 March 2007 - 11:05 AM

I am friends with several 'new' individual investors. I spoke with one today who said he plowed the rest of his reserves into the market because stocks were 'on sale'. My reply was "interesting". I think we are in a scenario similar to 1998. We will have a nice correction and the market and the market will then continue up to maybe make new highs but the rally will not be near as broad as it was to the Feb 07 'top'--if that's what it was. I think some sectors will really fly after the correction.

#4 da_cheif

da_cheif

• Traders-Talk User
  • 10,964 posts

Posted 06 March 2007 - 11:06 AM

I echo your assessment . . . see my post below. Sentiment is an interesting thing . . . it's slow in changing.

"SLOW"???.....not hardly

http://www.marketwat...r...tw&dist=nbk

#5 mss

mss

I'M WATCHING

• TT Sponsor
  • 6,182 posts

Posted 06 March 2007 - 11:07 AM

Words like "COMING SCORCH", or "I would not short this market in my lifetime" etc.
People keep comparing this correction to the last few corrections. I knew this would happen. Except this isn't like the previous corrections.
One, you have every talking head coming out saying everything is fine, economy is strong, etc etc. While the economic data keeps coming out saying otherwise.
Maybe they can all read the future, I don't know. My guess is not. What I read from sentiment is complacency, and a lot of knife catching.
Meanwhile, leverage is still very huge. Bearishness ain't even near a point where bottoms should be.

Only person shorting pops seems to be XD. Everyone else apears to be buying the dips.

I'm not buying dips - not shorting yet eaither.

:)
What a week, but we were warned that things were getting weaker. Warning did not say, "look out below" it did imply a loss of money flow at a faster rate. This weeks close broke the "0" line strongly suggesting much more to come. We should expect a "dead cat bounce" within one to three days.

SPX can touch 1370 real quick and 1300-1325 range is also possible.

We hit the 1373.97, close enough, now the "dead cat bounce" ?
mss
WOMEN & CATS WILL DO AS THEY PLEASE, AND MEN & DOGS SHOULD GET USED TO THE IDEA.
A DOG ALWAYS OFFERS UNCONDITIONAL LOVE. CATS HAVE TO THINK ABOUT IT!!

#6 eminimee

eminimee

I don't care who's fur is flying...

• TT Member
  • 14,307 posts

Posted 06 March 2007 - 11:16 AM

I don't care.........I'm just making money both ways

#7 dcengr

dcengr

• Traders-Talk User
  • 13,391 posts

Posted 06 March 2007 - 11:16 AM

We hit the 1373.97, close enough, now the "dead cat bounce" ?
mss

Possible, but at this important pivot.. I think after a bit lower.. say Qs 41.50 ish is my guess. Maybe Qs 41.
Qui custodiet ipsos custodes?

#8 S.I.M.O.N.

S.I.M.O.N.

SIMONForecast

• Traders-Talk User
  • 802 posts

Posted 06 March 2007 - 11:21 AM

Words like "COMING SCORCH", or "I would not short this market in my lifetime" etc.

People keep comparing this correction to the last few corrections. I knew this would happen. Except this isn't like the previous corrections.

One, you have every talking head coming out saying everything is fine, economy is strong, etc etc. While the economic data keeps coming out saying otherwise.

Maybe they can all read the future, I don't know. My guess is not. What I read from sentiment is complacency, and a lot of knife catching.

Meanwhile, leverage is still very huge. Bearishness ain't even near a point where bottoms should be.

Only person shorting pops seems to be XD. Everyone else apears to be buying the dips.

I tried to generate some fear yesterday, but i was censored. :D
*previously known as pnfwave

#9 Sentient Being

Sentient Being

• Traders-Talk User
  • 4,262 posts

Posted 06 March 2007 - 11:30 AM

At 100% cash in my trading account it's hard for me to be afraid
In the end we retain from our studies only that which we practically apply.

~ Johann Wolfgang Von Goethe ~

#10 eminimee

eminimee

I don't care who's fur is flying...

• TT Member
  • 14,307 posts

Posted 06 March 2007 - 11:57 AM

I don't know how you can trade if you are constantly thinking about what other people are doing..... or worse....saying. It's tough enough to have conviction in your work.....why add to the confusion.