XAU pattern recognition - March

• Please log in to reply
19 replies to this topic

#11 bobalou

bobalou

• Traders-Talk User
  • 1,878 posts

Posted 21 March 2007 - 05:38 AM

the pumper brothers ,will keep on pumping.they love thier job. new moon cycle ends on thur. about..

#12 SilentOne

SilentOne

• Traders-Talk User
  • 3,452 posts

Posted 21 March 2007 - 08:37 AM

hi rick,

Since the XAU PR is, very roughly, a 2-week prediction system,

What does that mean? Can you quantitfy it in terms of +/- days?

cheers,

john
"By the Law of Periodical Repetition, everything which has happened once must happen again and again and again-and not capriciously, but at regular periods, and each thing in its own period, not another's, and each obeying its own law ..." - Mark Twain

#13 rick

rick

• Traders-Talk User
  • 392 posts

Posted 21 March 2007 - 04:55 PM

hi rick,

Since the XAU PR is, very roughly, a 2-week prediction system,

What does that mean? Can you quantitfy it in terms of +/- days?

cheers,

john

John,
I have worked with the pattern recognition algorithm that I use, for over 15 years. I have looked at various ways of applying it. I have come upon a new methodology that uses 3 different time frames, namely, about 1 week, about 2 weeks, and about 4 weeks. I come up with predictions for each of these time frames, at the end of each day. Since I have given up on short term (1-2 days) trading (for the most part), I thought looking at different timeframes might be helpful. So I came up with a way to combine the predictions for all 3 timeframes, that is the "prediction number" I use to trade off of.
So it is "roughtly, a 2-week prediction system".
Rick

#14 rick

rick

• Traders-Talk User
  • 392 posts

Posted 23 March 2007 - 12:06 AM

My "read" of the XAU PR is that a buy signal before the close on Tuesday is very unlikely... still short. Rick

#15 SilentOne

SilentOne

• Traders-Talk User
  • 3,452 posts

Posted 23 March 2007 - 03:22 AM

My "read" of the XAU PR is that a buy signal before the close on Tuesday is very unlikely... still short.
Rick

hi rick,

I added an initial PM short yesterday via XGD.TO. I could not get GDX at my broker, so I settled for the Canadian ETF.

As I have been posting here, the March 22-25 timeframe should bring a strong reversal in the metals. It will be inteesting to see the nature of the next decline.

cheers,

john
"By the Law of Periodical Repetition, everything which has happened once must happen again and again and again-and not capriciously, but at regular periods, and each thing in its own period, not another's, and each obeying its own law ..." - Mark Twain

#16 rick

rick

• Traders-Talk User
  • 392 posts

Posted 27 March 2007 - 12:05 AM

I relied heavily on Yahoo's volume data. Since they stopped reporting it, I need to re-evaluate things. For the time being I will be looking at a GLD PR and XAU PR (each only has 2 years of data) and will combine it with Gold/Silver ratio to come up with a direction.. each day. As of the close today, the direction is UP. Sorry for any confusion. Rick

#17 SilentOne

SilentOne

• Traders-Talk User
  • 3,452 posts

Posted 27 March 2007 - 09:49 AM

hi rick,

I added an initial PM short yesterday via XGD.TO.

I covered my XGD.TO short this morning at $77.30

It probably drops right here now that I covered.

My cycle work still says a major low is coming in gold late April timeframe. I am off to California for some R&R, so I will be flat as possible.

cheers,

john

Edited by SilentOne, 27 March 2007 - 09:50 AM.

#18 rick

rick

• Traders-Talk User
  • 392 posts

Posted 27 March 2007 - 05:22 PM

XAU PR stays short. But for the time being, I am combining it with other gold indicators to get the direction. The sum, which yesterday was long, has now switched to join the XAU PR and is short as of today's close. Rick ps. Have fun, John

#19 rick

rick

• Traders-Talk User
  • 392 posts

Posted 28 March 2007 - 05:06 PM

XAU PR remains short. The Composite (which includes the XAU PR)... goes from short to neutral. Rick

#20 rick

rick

• Traders-Talk User
  • 392 posts

Posted 29 March 2007 - 04:44 PM

XAU PR remains Short. Rick