Oh shucks, it is going down again...

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 greenie

greenie

• Traders-Talk ~
  • 3,184 posts

Posted 07 March 2007 - 10:01 AM

-- Stay calm. Don't look at the intraday or even intraweek charts. Stocks are for long term. If you cannot hold it for a month, go buy those stupid treasuries. But those treasuries are doing better than stock long-term-buy-and-hold since 1998 ? -- Would someone send this idiot out of the room? Stocks are for men. Treasuries are for grammas. Folks pay attention. Stay calm. In the long run, everyone becomes Warren Buffet, or at least a Chinese buffet ($4.00 - eat as much as you want).
It is not the doing that is difficult, but the knowing

It's the illiquidity, stupid !

#2 tommyt

tommyt

• Traders-Talk User
  • 5,136 posts

Posted 07 March 2007 - 10:09 AM

i'm expecting a quiet day today, after the grande snapback yest...probably a good scalping day to buy dips and sell rallies...maybe nervousness into the close tomorrow before the Fri unemployment #

#3 jawndissedi

jawndissedi

• Traders-Talk User
  • 1,018 posts

Posted 07 March 2007 - 10:30 AM

I'm expecting lots of volatility in the Treasury market over the next ten days. If you are interested in the markets that furnish the liquidity you hear so much about, you need to read this article carefullly:

Bloomberg

BTW, in an earlier thread, I called for a rally today and Mark called for a decline. Now I'm guessing we're both wrong and that it will be the first of two inside days prior to Friday's employment number. In other words, I agree with tommyt above. :blush:

Edited by jawndissedi, 07 March 2007 - 10:31 AM.

Da nile is more than a river in Egypt.

#4 jjc

jjc

• Traders-Talk User
  • 2,886 posts

Posted 07 March 2007 - 11:02 AM

i'm expecting a quiet day today, after the grande snapback yest...probably a good scalping day to buy dips and sell rallies...maybe nervousness into the close tomorrow before the Fri unemployment #

I agree here tommyt; BB on small time frames are a good tool for today's scalps. I will be paying attention to central pivot.. R1,R2,S1,S2 Globex High, Globex Low, yesterdays High and Low.

#5 jjc

jjc

• Traders-Talk User
  • 2,886 posts

Posted 07 March 2007 - 12:36 PM

I agree here tommyt; BB on small time frames are a good tool for today's scalps. I will be paying attention to central pivot.. R1,R2,S1,S2 Globex High, Globex Low, yesterdays High and Low.

Oh, and one more thing there is typically a ceremonial attempt at running tight stops 12:15 - 1:00 on days
with this profile most of the time resulting in an fakeout breakout. Or so I've noticed.