just to be clear

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 A-ha

A-ha

• Traders-Talk User
  • 5,875 posts

Posted 07 March 2007 - 09:48 PM

I got tons of emails/messages about what and where I am shorting.

I HAVE NOT STARTED SHORTING YET like I said earlier today

I am currently closing ETF shorts to take advantage of this brief dip and I believe there will be more upside soon after.

We are still very oversold and downside is limited. I will probably start shorting next week or the following.

When I begin shorting I will try to post here timely.

#2 Iblayz

Iblayz

• TT Patron+
  • 1,033 posts

Posted 07 March 2007 - 11:05 PM

Posted this elsewhere....

Here's where the rubber meets the road. Why did I do the work that I did? It was to filter out the noise and give myself a roadmap based on what I discern the market is saying based on my own indicators. It was to filter out my own bias and that IS NOT EASY to do! There have been two or three times that I have traded against my indicators since I developed them and I have regretted it each time in the short term time frame.

So what now after spilling my bias here a couple of days ago? Well I expected to have buy signals on everything after yesterday's upward smash. I didn't....but I did have them on all but four things that I track. However, on no Index or ETF, Tracker, or Holder that I follow did my indicators go very high. That surprised me (By the way I didn't have a chance to update my spreadsheets last night so tonight is the first time I am seeing this). There are four fresh buy signals as of today's close that did not hit yesterday. Those are on the RUT, SOX, SMH, and NYA.

I had short orders up today in all four accounts but nothing hit. There will probably not be any short orders up tomorrow. I have no inclination to short the DAY AFTER getting buy signals on the SOX and SMH. This throws into doubt my bias on the SPX as of opex but....I am simply going to trust my work because it has a funny way of working better than bias. On the daily chart the QQQ's can go up to the 44 area and still be broken. The problem with that is the bubble blowers will be going wacky again but, maybe its time for them to have their heads torn off in much the same manner that they were trying to tear off the heads of the bears. Remember how many bearish breakdowns how been reversed as if they just didn't matter....well maybe its time for the opposite to happen. We shall see.

Edited by Iblayz, 07 March 2007 - 11:07 PM.

#3 jawndissedi

jawndissedi

• Traders-Talk User
  • 1,018 posts

Posted 07 March 2007 - 11:16 PM

Posted this elsewhere....

Here's where the rubber meets the road. Why did I do the work that I did? It was to filter out the noise and give myself a roadmap based on what I discern the market is saying based on my own indicators. It was to filter out my own bias and that IS NOT EASY to do! There have been two or three times that I have traded against my indicators since I developed them and I have regretted it each time in the short term time frame.

So what now after spilling my bias here a couple of days ago? Well I expected to have buy signals on everything after yesterday's upward smash. I didn't....but I did have them on all but four things that I track. However, on no Index or ETF, Tracker, or Holder that I follow did my indicators go very high. That surprised me (By the way I didn't have a chance to update my spreadsheets last night so tonight is the first time I am seeing this). There are four fresh buy signals as of today's close that did not hit yesterday. Those are on the RUT, SOX, SMH, and NYA.

I had short orders up today in all four accounts but nothing hit. There will probably not be any short orders up tomorrow. I have no inclination to short the DAY AFTER getting buy signals on the SOX and SMH. This throws into doubt my bias on the SPX as of opex but....I am simply going to trust my work because it has a funny way of working better than bias. On the daily chart the QQQ's can go up to the 44 area and still be broken. The problem with that is the bubble blowers will be going wacky again but, maybe its time for them to have their heads torn off in much the same manner that they were trying to tear off the heads of the bears. Remember how many bearish breakdowns how been reversed as if they just didn't matter....well maybe its time for the opposite to happen. We shall see.

I'm not clear what you're saying here -- in an earlier post, you cited a number of weekly charts that clearly broke down on volume and seemed to suggest that this represented a definitive turning point in your opinion. Are you reconsidering this view based on the signals you got today?

TIA
Da nile is more than a river in Egypt.

#4 Iblayz

Iblayz

• TT Patron+
  • 1,033 posts

Posted 07 March 2007 - 11:28 PM

jawndissedi Yes I did say that and I do believe that the breakdowns are meaningful and my bias is definitely down. But my signals are short term ones and were meant to be that way. I did the work to keep bias from getting me in trouble....even though the signals can certainly be negated. I trade the QQQ and the proshares based on it. I am simply saying that I do not want to be short the day after getting a buy signal on the SOX. The reference to the bubble blowers getting their heads torn off is this. What if the Q's regain the breakout area above 43.25 and go higher. But then suddenly....poof...they give it up but much easier than before....then whose head gets torn off?