Any Bond Futures Traders?

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Cirrus

Cirrus

• TT Patron+
  • 5,735 posts

Posted 08 March 2007 - 05:29 PM

I'm looking to fade tomorrow's openning after the jobs numbers--if we do a 'fakeout' in either direction tomorrow AM. I only trade bond futures a few times a year when specific setups arise. I like tomorrow's setup. We have a very relative news event and some real tight consolidation. It's a good day trade environment. My play is to wait for the number and look to fade with a tight stop. Looking for either a bearish or bullish engulfing candle the could be decent in size. If I had to guess....we see a weak number and bond futures gap up (rates down) followed by a real nice selloff.

#2 mdwllc

mdwllc

• Traders-Talk User
  • 574 posts

Posted 08 March 2007 - 05:37 PM

I'm looking to fade tomorrow's openning after the jobs numbers--if we do a 'fakeout' in either direction tomorrow AM. I only trade bond futures a few times a year when specific setups arise. I like tomorrow's setup. We have a very relative news event and some real tight consolidation. It's a good day trade environment.

My play is to wait for the number and look to fade with a tight stop. Looking for either a bearish or bullish engulfing candle the could be decent in size. If I had to guess....we see a weak number and bond futures gap up (rates down) followed by a real nice selloff.

Went short yesterday @ 113-14. I am projecting a down move into 3/15...MDW :)
Lead, Follow or Get Out of the Way...

Be Sure to Perform Your Own Due Diligence

#3 Cirrus

Cirrus

• TT Patron+
  • 5,735 posts

Posted 09 March 2007 - 08:59 AM

Didn't take the trade today...oh well. We didnt' get a reversal which is the pattern I was looking for.

#4 mdwllc

mdwllc

• Traders-Talk User
  • 574 posts

Posted 09 March 2007 - 10:51 AM

Didn't take the trade today...oh well. We didnt' get a reversal which is the pattern I was looking for.

There will be another trade around the timing I previously mentioned. Do you trade any other futures? I haven't posted any trades on this board because I didn't think anyone was trading them...MDW :)
Lead, Follow or Get Out of the Way...

Be Sure to Perform Your Own Due Diligence