• Please log in to reply
12 replies to this topic

#11 pdx5

pdx5

I want return OF my money more than return ON my money

• Traders-Talk User
  • 9,529 posts

Posted 09 March 2007 - 12:33 PM

Gasoline is already flirting with $3 per gallon range. and it is not even spring officially yet! Joe6pack will be stretched this summer. Not gonna help his budget. Watch out discount retailers!
"Money cannot consistently be made trading every day or every week during the year." ~ Jesse Livermore Trading Rule

#12 jawndissedi

jawndissedi

• Traders-Talk User
  • 1,018 posts

Posted 09 March 2007 - 12:51 PM

Is there smart money out there that's worth following? You betcha:

Paulson & Company, an $11 billion hedge fund in New York, had such a strong belief that the subprime market would fall apart that it started two funds last summer concentrated solely on expecting such a collapse. Paulson’s Credit Opportunities Funds, now with more than $1 billion, were up 67 percent for February and about 82 percent for the year to date. -- NYTimes

Homework + patience + staying power = $$$$$$
Da nile is more than a river in Egypt.

#13 imhotep

imhotep

• Traders-Talk User
  • 85 posts

Posted 09 March 2007 - 08:58 PM

and other top private equity companies.........these guys aren't stupid. I've been mulling over what all this private equity action is signaling for the next 10 years or so. I did some searching on the net last night to see what was going on in the eighties just before one of the greatest stock market run ups in history. These private equity guys see a much higher stock market ahead...they must do...or there is a ton of smart money that is wrong. Slim chance.

This is one of the best papers I found. If we are repeating (albeit slightly different) the 80's....hang on to your hats.

http://www.oycf.org/...ged_Buyouts.htm

This is caused by low interest rate environment that has been around for some time now, more than it normally should. Liquidity soon will vaporize quickly as the rates go higher but it is not the only danger. This time something is very different. This time Mr 6Pack who has been living on credit and second mortgages now has nothing left to rely on. Take a wild guess what is next for Mr 6Pack when rates start rising. Results of this can go beyond the wildest imaginations of a possible financial crisis .... it can extend to a civil war that someone else predicted sometime ago.

xD - I may be dating myself here, but those were the days of the "Original Adjustable Rate Mortgages". Rates were in the 18 - 21% bracket. What makes you think Joe6P didn't "feel the pain". Were times really so different?