the show will go on tonight

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 A-ha

A-ha

• Traders-Talk User
  • 5,875 posts

Posted 13 March 2007 - 03:21 PM

with asia and europe ... then considering where and how spx closed today which was not surprise to some, you could see some discontinuation on your spx chart tomorrow at the open. if it happens, i believe you will be able to see that gap from the other end of your room. that will likely put vixo above the trend line coming from the bear market bottom which opens a new era on your volatility domain... does that matter... nope... it is just a correction till we break below 1200... but i like to play big... so i am still keeping those "cover to close" orders at 1035 which i placed weeks ago happy and valium-free evening everyone

Edited by xD&Cox, 13 March 2007 - 03:25 PM.

#2 greenie

greenie

• Traders-Talk ~
  • 3,184 posts

Posted 13 March 2007 - 03:26 PM

When do you think she is cheating on you? Possibly when she acts suspicious, maybe earlier than she gets pregnant with 'his' baby and definitely not after the baby arrives home. People here will call it a bear market, when the kid becomes adult and grows beard like 'him' :D :D
It is not the doing that is difficult, but the knowing

It's the illiquidity, stupid !

#3 arbman

arbman

Quant

• Traders-Talk User
  • 19,504 posts

Posted 13 March 2007 - 03:39 PM

if it happens, i believe you will be able to see that gap from the other end of your room.

I don't know that day is tomorrow, but I can not pick any better day this or next month either. We are in the pretax selling season, the second half of the March is seasonally a very weak period. We had the typical February deterioration I mentioned earlier. The fundamentals are very negative and technically, a major intermediate term cyclical low is still in the making. Yes, the price candles can detach from each other quite far with today's new initiation...

- kisa

#4 A-ha

A-ha

• Traders-Talk User
  • 5,875 posts

Posted 13 March 2007 - 03:44 PM

just to make it whole, i am posting that vix chart mentioned above...

Posted Image

#5 Jnavin

Jnavin

• TT Member*
  • 2,126 posts

Posted 13 March 2007 - 03:58 PM

Gaps thru 1373 in the morning. Fear grips the markets. A blowout downward takes the VIX to 40. Smart players quietly begin their buying. Something like that?

#6 Russ

Russ

• Traders-Talk User
  • 7,198 posts

Posted 13 March 2007 - 04:37 PM

The final low should come in mid April, meaning its likely to be choppy.
"Nulla tenaci invia est via" - Latin for "For the tenacious, no road is impossible".
"In order to master the markets, you must first master yourself" ... JP Morgan
"Most people lose money because they cannot admit they are wrong"... Martin Armstrong

http://marketvisions.blogspot.com/

#7 A-ha

A-ha

• Traders-Talk User
  • 5,875 posts

Posted 13 March 2007 - 04:53 PM

There will no final low in the next 2 years. All lows will be tradable lows.

#8 greenie

greenie

• Traders-Talk ~
  • 3,184 posts

Posted 13 March 2007 - 05:15 PM

There will no final low in the next 2 years.
All lows will be tradable lows.

I agree. When the 'final low' arrives, trading will be the last thing in most people's mind (unless it is trading cartridges) :D .

Edited by greenie, 13 March 2007 - 05:16 PM.

It is not the doing that is difficult, but the knowing

It's the illiquidity, stupid !