Anyone predicting a CRASH here??

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 Tor

Tor

• Traders-Talk User
  • 7,647 posts

Posted 13 March 2007 - 04:29 PM

Many thanks. I am not good enough to make such calls but I do think we have the ingredients in place for such a situaiotn. Ie currency moves, collpasing housing, margin debt etc. To be clear however, i see lower lows into june then possibly a new high after that. Thanks.

Edited by Tor, 13 March 2007 - 04:30 PM.

Observer

The future is 90% present and 10% vision.

#2 ed rader

ed rader

• Traders-Talk User
  • 2,390 posts

Posted 13 March 2007 - 04:38 PM

Many thanks.

I am not good enough to make such calls but I do think we have the ingredients in place for such a situaiotn. Ie currency moves, collpasing housing, margin debt etc.

To be clear however, i see lower lows into june then possibly a new high after that. Thanks.

no, i've seen the term beartrap used several times today so this must be the beginning of a successful retest which will form a launching pad for the next leg up...snoooort :lol: .

ed rader

Edited by ed rader, 13 March 2007 - 04:40 PM.

"Everybody's got plans... until they get hit."

-- Mike Tyson

http://erader.zenfolio.com/

#3 eminimee

eminimee

I don't care who's fur is flying...

• TT Member
  • 14,307 posts

Posted 13 March 2007 - 04:38 PM

not until October...a crashette

#4 A-ha

A-ha

• Traders-Talk User
  • 5,875 posts

Posted 13 March 2007 - 04:45 PM

No one can predict the exact moment of a crash. No one ever did. But those who could have traded the biggest crashes in history positioned themselves ahead of the moves. Whether it was the stock market or currencies.. Doesnt matter. If I make a poll now to get honest answers, I am %100 confident that only a very few should be able to trade today's move to full extend. Just like the first day. What I just told you folks yesterday here was exactly the same as what I told before the big plunge. Only very few will be able to trade this move. And I guarantee you if we get another one tomorrow, absolutely nothing will be different. Unfortunately most of the people still believe very wrong teachings of street wisdom and can not distinguish the correction from the first trust, the trend from consolidation, and naturally the top picking from trend trading. That makes one hell of a market...

#5 jawndissedi

jawndissedi

• Traders-Talk User
  • 1,018 posts

Posted 13 March 2007 - 05:01 PM

No one can predict the exact moment of a crash. No one ever did. But those who could have traded the biggest crashes in history positioned themselves ahead of the moves. Whether it was the stock market or currencies.. Doesnt matter.

If I make a poll now to get honest answers, I am %100 confident that only a very few should be able to trade today's move to full extend. Just like the first day.

What I just told you folks yesterday here was exactly the same as what I told before the big plunge.
Only very few will be able to trade this move.

And I guarantee you if we get another one tomorrow, absolutely nothing will be different.

Unfortunately most of the people still believe very wrong teachings of street wisdom and can not distinguish the correction from the first trust, the trend from consolidation, and naturally the top picking from trend trading.

That makes one hell of a market...

It's not on your signature list, but I'm assuming you're still short HGX. That was a classic "go with" trade ~240 -- very difficult for someone like me to do, but a pleasure to see someone else execute so perfectly. :)
Da nile is more than a river in Egypt.

#6 A-ha

A-ha

• Traders-Talk User
  • 5,875 posts

Posted 13 March 2007 - 05:07 PM

Yes I am short home builders, semis and a bunch of internets... My signature couldnt take them all ..

#7 pdx5

pdx5

I want return OF my money more than return ON my money

• Traders-Talk User
  • 9,527 posts

Posted 13 March 2007 - 05:34 PM

Crash not possible with SPX forward P/E near 16. I am looking for a step-ladder decline under 1300. Then a 50% to 60% retrace advance during summer.
"Money cannot consistently be made trading every day or every week during the year." ~ Jesse Livermore Trading Rule

#8 sherholmes

sherholmes

• Traders-Talk User
  • 101 posts

Posted 14 March 2007 - 10:21 AM

Crash not possible with SPX forward P/E near 16.
I am looking for a step-ladder decline under 1300.
Then a 50% to 60% retrace advance during summer.

How reliable are those forward earnings estimates now?

#9 humble1

humble1

• Traders-Talk User
  • 5,959 posts

Posted 14 March 2007 - 10:27 AM

they are TOTALLY WORTHLESS, as you imply ! just take a look at how much of the eanrings are financials plus based on mortgage and lending (as in retail companies). and remember, the indemnification of the packaged loans is only as good as the indemnifier. how good could the new century guarantees be ? i think countrywide is only a few months behind, too. many of what they call alt-a loans are really subprime.

Edited by humble1, 14 March 2007 - 10:29 AM.