I may not have the patience it takes

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 CLK

CLK

• Traders-Talk User
  • 10,787 posts

Posted 14 March 2007 - 03:29 PM

If I wait on my indicators, I usually catch the turn, but If I don't close out the first day of profit, I lose. Why ? The first day is the easy money, after that you can get one day reversal or a continuation, pure gamble as to which. My indicators are reliable for one entry per week, if that. I have trouble waiting that long and I don't like the fact that the market has that much control over my time.

#2 hiker

hiker

independent trader

• TT Member*
  • 12,118 posts

Posted 14 March 2007 - 03:36 PM

buying dips in a very few select stocks ..names withheld on purpose...has proven to be reliably profitable for months now...stay away from distractions of the overall market trend, and find stocks that have firm and proven price support[u] for fundamental and technical reasons, that do not change from week to week or month to month...

just my 2 cents as an alternative

it is obvious what stocks are on my trading list by reviewing my post history at my TT blog

also, ck out the price channel for FCX that has been reliable for swing trading...this may change anytime without warning

FCX horizontals -

based on long term chart

Edited by hiker, 14 March 2007 - 03:42 PM.

#3 hiker

hiker

independent trader

• TT Member*
  • 12,118 posts

Posted 14 March 2007 - 04:14 PM

AKZOY have traded this one a few decades...the few other traders that commented privately with me about this one found reasons to doubt the wisdom of being long more than a month ago - how could this week's gap up to new historic highs on the news been profitable if not already long, and buying dips? ...some stocks are simply better than others when looking at the lifetime TA and fundy's ever look at the lifetime chart for JSDA?

Edited by hiker, 14 March 2007 - 04:15 PM.

#4 LeroyB3

LeroyB3

• Traders-Talk User
  • 319 posts

Posted 14 March 2007 - 09:30 PM

Are you using the correct indicators and set ups? What time frame are you trying to trade? Does that fit your personality well? If you can't catch the turns well, why not try to catch as much of the middle as possible? Anyway...just some night time ramblings. Best, LB