• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 nimblebear

nimblebear

Welcome to the Dark Side !

• Traders-Talk User
  • 6,062 posts

Posted 14 March 2007 - 03:49 PM

9000 before the end of this year, would you believe them ? If several Major hedge funds Blow UP this year, would you then believe them ? The possibilities are becoming interesting. I think this is something not priced into the market since it is considered so remote. Many many institutions (universities, pensions, etc.) have gotten into hedge funds since '99 in order to get better returns. Its been a herd like phenomenon. What happens if the herd changes course ? Who will be trampled ?
OTIS.

#2 ed rader

ed rader

• Traders-Talk User
  • 2,390 posts

Posted 14 March 2007 - 04:28 PM

9000 before the end of this year, would you believe them ?

If several Major hedge funds Blow UP this year, would you then believe them ?

The possibilities are becoming interesting. I think this is something not priced into the market since it is considered so remote. Many many institutions (universities, pensions, etc.) have gotten into hedge funds since '99 in order to get better returns. Its been a herd like phenomenon. What happens if the herd changes course ? Who will be trampled ?

hardly anyone believed nasdaq 3500 in 2000 or csco $45.... and that was just the tip of the iceberg.

so...while i doubt that it will happen it think it certainly could.

ed rader

"Everybody's got plans... until they get hit."

-- Mike Tyson

http://erader.zenfolio.com/

#3 da_cheif

da_cheif

• Traders-Talk User
  • 10,964 posts

Posted 14 March 2007 - 07:58 PM

at 7000 nobody believed we would ever see 9000.......at 12000 seems like everybody believes it........lmazoff

#4 denleo

denleo

• Chartist
  • 3,097 posts

Posted 14 March 2007 - 11:57 PM

at 7000 nobody believed we would ever see 9000.......at 12000 seems like everybody believes it........lmazoff

Who is everybody?

You still believe you are the only bull on the planet?

Stop snorting and start trading.

Denleo