Photo

Oh....and here is a hint of big upside.....

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 eminimee

eminimee

I don't care who's fur is flying...

• TT Member
  • 14,307 posts

Posted 16 March 2007 - 08:50 PM

http://www.traders-t...?...ic=67538=

.......why the $#@%^&$& is Black Stone going public now..............????............count the stock options baby.....the market is headed north...........big time..........can't you see what's happening??

#2 selecto

selecto

• Traders-Talk User
  • 6,871 posts

Posted 16 March 2007 - 09:59 PM

Perhaps they are cashing out before TEOTWAWKI.

#3 securelstmile

securelstmile

• Banned
  • 2,603 posts

Posted 18 March 2007 - 06:57 AM

Perhaps they are cashing out before TEOTWAWKI.

Tea,

This is great and really fits with some of my thoughts. This is why I own sfe at the current time. The market has their holdings valued as private companies. The sale of mantas showed what private holdings can be sold for. They have stated that they will continue to sell assets.

The blackstone sale also makes sense as they are going public at a time I would presume they believe they are close to selling their assets for top dollar. Fib always says it is all just merchandising. I think blackstone knows the right time to merchandise their wares. That time must be just around the bend.
The harder I work, the luckier I get.

#4 securelstmile

securelstmile

• Banned
  • 2,603 posts

Posted 18 March 2007 - 01:55 PM

One other point that has intrigued when it comes to private vs public companies. I believe part of market cycles and market sentiment can be measured in the public opinion regarding market regulation. The pendulum swings with not enough regulation during the go go 90s leading to the Enron collapse which in turn lead us into an era where the public clamored for more reguation of public entities which of course coincided with a bear market. I am starting to hear more and more chirping of a need to swing the pendulum the other was and decrease regulation specifically related to Sarbannes Oxley. I guess what I am getting at is that it makes sense to take companies private during periods of over regulation when that same regulation pushes prices down and then bring those same private companies public during times when there is less regulation and more demand for and belief in public entities. It seems optimism and pessimism is the true cycle. Human nature finds equilibrium between the two extremely difficult to take.

#5 hiker

hiker

independent trader

• TT Member*
  • 12,118 posts

Posted 18 March 2007 - 01:57 PM

ss..sent you a book suggest. in the other thread...happy travels.

#6 securelstmile

securelstmile

• Banned
  • 2,603 posts

Posted 18 March 2007 - 02:28 PM

I will look for it but I guess it isn't on Amazon. I have difficulty with things that aren't easy. LOL