• Please log in to reply
23 replies to this topic

#1 calmcookie

calmcookie

calmcookie

• Traders-Talk User
  • 2,536 posts

Posted 17 March 2007 - 08:17 PM

Maybe you like peanut butter, maybe it works for you ... fine ... but I don't touch the stuff. Even the health store variety (without partially hydrogenated fat). Of course the normal grocery store stuff has loads of trans fats ... and most are roasted and contain aflatoxin and high amounts of arginine. But don't get up in arms ... if peanut butter works for you ... go for it. I ate it in my youth and did not know why I had so many cold sores ... now I know ... has to do with the balance between arginine and lysine. Peanuts are also associated with liver cancer. By the way, lysine tablets are great for preventing cold sores and / or lessening their severity. And I am all FOR adequate healthy fats ... personally eat a high fat, adequate protein, low carb (high fibre) diet .... and have more energy than ever. But peanuts? .... you can keep the dirty little nuggets and their trans fat butters ... I'll stick to raw (not roasted) almond and cashew butters ;) :P

Edited by calmcookie, 17 March 2007 - 08:21 PM.

#2 EntropyModel

EntropyModel

• TT Member*
  • 2,723 posts

Posted 17 March 2007 - 09:48 PM

Geez, who knew peanut butter was a bigger controversy than global warming :lol: FWIW Personally I only eat the natural stuff. Associated with Liver cancer? hmm, crossing the street is associated with increased risk of death. Mark.

Edited by entropy, 17 March 2007 - 09:55 PM.

Question everything, especially what you believe you know. The foundation of science is questioning the data, not trusting the data. I only trust fully falsified, non vested interest 'data', which is extremely rare in our world of paid framing narratives 'psy ops'. Market Comments https://markdavidson.substack.com/?utm_source=substack&utm_medium=email https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLznkbTx_dpw_-Y9bBN3QR-tiNSsFsSojB

#3 Rogerdodger

Rogerdodger

• TT Member*
  • 26,873 posts

Posted 17 March 2007 - 10:10 PM

Did I mention that peanut butter is so deadly that it will get bubble gum out of your hair? IF you have hair. But not my hair. :(

#4 EntropyModel

EntropyModel

• TT Member*
  • 2,723 posts

Posted 17 March 2007 - 10:14 PM

Did I mention that peanut butter is so deadly that it will get bubble gum out of your hair?

IF you have hair.

But not my hair.

:(

No but thanks, its yet another helpful contribution to my knowledge......of your folicle status. :P

Mark.

Edited by entropy, 17 March 2007 - 10:15 PM.

Question everything, especially what you believe you know. The foundation of science is questioning the data, not trusting the data. I only trust fully falsified, non vested interest 'data', which is extremely rare in our world of paid framing narratives 'psy ops'. Market Comments https://markdavidson.substack.com/?utm_source=substack&utm_medium=email https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLznkbTx_dpw_-Y9bBN3QR-tiNSsFsSojB

#5 maineman

maineman

maineman

• Traders-Talk User
  • 1,987 posts

Posted 17 March 2007 - 10:29 PM

Sorry to butt in with some *facts* but here goes: Liver Cancer (or primary liver cancer) is due in over 80% of cases to Hepatitis B or C. Hep C is becoming the more common cause, due to vigorous screening for B virus over the last few decades. There are NO known cases of liver cancer due to peanut butter. Aflotoxin has been implicated, but has not been shown to act independent of Hepatitis B carrier status, and the data so far is weak. Aflatoxin occurs in places where there is fungal infestation of animal crops and feeds. A clean peanut is harmless. Peanut butter is safe and healthy. So called "store brand" is really not peanut butter, but fake, usually a crisco-like product with some peanut butter or artificial flavors. This product is not healthy. "COLD SORES" are caused by Herpes Virus, #1. They occur as a result of direct contact and infection. All the known herpes viruses have a pattern of latency and recurrence. There is no "cure" but there are excellent anti-viral medications which are safe and effective and can minimize the frequency, recurrence and duration of an acute event. mm
He who laughs laughs laughs laughs.

My Blog -Maineman Market Advice

#6 Rogerdodger

Rogerdodger

• TT Member*
  • 26,873 posts

Posted 17 March 2007 - 11:03 PM

You guys are such purists.
"So called "store brand" is really not peanut butter, but fake, usually a crisco-like product."

I have a jar of that stuff.
I like the fact that with each jar you get lots of "free" stuff:

Sugar
Hydrogenated vegetable oil
(cottonseed and/or rapeseed oil)
salt
molasses
mono and diglycerides
may contain PEANUTS :lol:

Now add a little grape jelly:
Corn syrup
High fructose corn syrup
grape juice
sugar
pectin
citric acid

Now mix that up real good and put it on bread:
(Look at the FDA ingredient list on your bread! 25 more "free" stuff items!)

Mmmmm.

With all those preservatives, it's no wonder people are living longer.

Edited by Rogerdodger, 17 March 2007 - 11:07 PM.

#7 Rogerdodger

Rogerdodger

• TT Member*
  • 26,873 posts

Posted 17 March 2007 - 11:17 PM

"COLD SORES" are caused by Herpes Virus, #1.

My wife used to have outbreaks, usually related to stress.
Sometimes they were so painful, her doctor used to burn them out of her mouth with silver nitrate, I believe.

Then she heard about Acidophilus. It has done wonders for her and she very rarely has the sores anymore.

#8 colion

colion

• Traders-Talk User
  • 1,169 posts

Posted 18 March 2007 - 08:47 AM

Sorry to butt in with some *facts* but here goes:

Liver Cancer (or primary liver cancer) is due in over 80% of cases to Hepatitis B or C. Hep C is becoming the more common cause, due to vigorous screening for B virus over the last few decades.

There are NO known cases of liver cancer due to peanut butter.

Aflotoxin has been implicated, but has not been shown to act independent of Hepatitis B carrier status, and the data so far is weak. Aflatoxin occurs in places where there is fungal infestation of animal crops and feeds. A clean peanut is harmless.

Peanut butter is safe and healthy. So called "store brand" is really not peanut butter, but fake, usually a crisco-like product with some peanut butter or artificial flavors. This product is not healthy.

"COLD SORES" are caused by Herpes Virus, #1. They occur as a result of direct contact and infection. All the known herpes viruses have a pattern of latency and recurrence. There is no "cure" but there are excellent anti-viral medications which are safe and effective and can minimize the frequency, recurrence and duration of an acute event.

mm

Stop confusing us with facts!

#9 calmcookie

calmcookie

calmcookie

• Traders-Talk User
  • 2,536 posts

Posted 18 March 2007 - 09:02 AM

Entropy ... Mark ... nothing personal ... didn't intend to rain on your parade :) . And I expected all the other come backs to what I wrote ... such is life ... everything is a health hazard ... except laughter .... so I keep doing lots of that, thanks to Rodger's humor, and others. Currently reading hilarious Dave Barry book called "Boogers are my Beat" ... about politics ... a hoot! :lol: :D :lol: Best to all and enjoy whatever whipped up brown goo you wish !!! Just like stock trading ... each to their own ... as it should be. ;) As to the medical "facts" .... well most of us can decide their "value" for for ourselves. (p.s. - loads of internet info about lysine prevention for cold sores - personally, it worked for me)

Edited by calmcookie, 18 March 2007 - 09:08 AM.

#10 calmcookie

calmcookie

calmcookie

• Traders-Talk User
  • 2,536 posts

Posted 18 March 2007 - 09:13 AM

Did I mention that peanut butter is so deadly that it will get bubble gum out of your hair?

IF you have hair.

But not my hair.

:(

:lol: :D :lol: