Sentiment

• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

#1 A-ha

A-ha

• Traders-Talk User
  • 5,875 posts

Posted 19 March 2007 - 12:08 PM

in my opinion, all you gotta do is to watch the sentiment spikes... P/C ratios etc... to short.

the system was clogged last week , because of extreme bearishness. It was until someone told me last week I realized I was affecting sentiment polls with my bearish posts.. I tried to put a couple of bullish charts to fix it last weekend but I am not good at playing double faced.

So here is my last post about the big picture, it is the final product of all the things I talked and charted about. It is simple and speaking out loud. I will not response any attacks from now on. When I close those positions in my signature, I will post, regardless the end result. I do not want to distort sentiment here at all although I believe this board doesn't represents overall retail investor sentiment.

You can follow my daily progress on xTrends.

Posted Image

#2 da_cheif

da_cheif

• Traders-Talk User
  • 10,964 posts

Posted 19 March 2007 - 12:13 PM

dont leave......the fun is just beginning....btw wheres ur stop on that 1397 short........tia

#3 A-ha

A-ha

• Traders-Talk User
  • 5,875 posts

Posted 19 March 2007 - 12:22 PM

I agree the fun is just beginning ... But it is very time consuming and I dont need headache. I will be back when the party is over. I dont have a hard stop for those I opened a few points ago...When I cover you will hear it. But I do have a target for my core position I opened at 1450. You wanna hear it ?

Edited by xD&Cox, 19 March 2007 - 12:23 PM.

#4 paulstan

paulstan

• Traders-Talk User
  • 452 posts

Posted 19 March 2007 - 12:23 PM

I for one really appreciate your unflinching honesty, XD. Hats off to you!

#5 Russ

Russ

• Traders-Talk User
  • 7,199 posts

Posted 19 March 2007 - 12:26 PM

The rubber band is starting to look pretty stretched... and yes what is your target for spx? Thanks
http://stockcharts.com/c-sc/sc?s=$CPC&p=D&yr=1&mn=0&dy=0&i=p35318805451&r=1869.png

Edited by Russ, 19 March 2007 - 12:27 PM.

"Nulla tenaci invia est via" - Latin for "For the tenacious, no road is impossible".
"In order to master the markets, you must first master yourself" ... JP Morgan
"Most people lose money because they cannot admit they are wrong"... Martin Armstrong

http://marketvisions.blogspot.com/

#6 A-ha

A-ha

• Traders-Talk User
  • 5,875 posts

Posted 19 March 2007 - 12:43 PM

what is your target for spx? Thanks

Intermediate term 1317

#7 HiFiGuy

HiFiGuy

• Traders-Talk User
  • 174 posts

Posted 19 March 2007 - 12:46 PM

ditto that
"A state of war only serves as an excuse for domestic tyranny." - Aleksandr Solzhenitsyn
http://www.trueworldhistory.info/

#8 SandStorm

SandStorm

• Traders-Talk User
  • 457 posts

Posted 19 March 2007 - 01:30 PM

ditto that

Me, three. Back in October of last year when I was still a raging bull, XD already knew.

I had no clue, I admit, but at least I am dug in now that real risk is surfacing rapidly left and right.

I just don't understand the tranquillity types. Total and utter lack of respect for risk if you ask me.

Either that or they are just playing the "double-faced" game.

#9 Tor

Tor

• Traders-Talk User
  • 7,647 posts

Posted 19 March 2007 - 04:23 PM

ditto that

Ditto that too. Xd one of the few who lays it out crystal clear, and opens himself up with his conviction. Not many do it here. A few perma bulls stay bullish even after the market tumbles a few hundred INDU and it isnt so helpful for trading IMO. Thats just my opinion. I hope the trades work out for you Xd, really do. I have no short positions on right now.

Edited by Tor, 19 March 2007 - 04:25 PM.

Observer

The future is 90% present and 10% vision.

#10 mdwllc

mdwllc

• Traders-Talk User
  • 574 posts

Posted 19 March 2007 - 04:50 PM

in my opinion, all you gotta do is to watch the sentiment spikes... P/C ratios etc... to short.

the system was clogged last week , because of extreme bearishness. It was until someone told me last week I realized I was affecting sentiment polls with my bearish posts.. I tried to put a couple of bullish charts to fix it last weekend but I am not good at playing double faced.

So here is my last post about the big picture, it is the final product of all the things I talked and charted about. It is simple and speaking out loud. I will not response any attacks from now on. When I close those positions in my signature, I will post, regardless the end result. I do not want to distort sentiment here at all although I believe this board doesn't represents overall retail investor sentiment.

You can follow my daily progress on xTrends.

Posted Image

I am sorry to hear the news that about your posting any longer. I, for one appreciated your inputs, but I understand that several on the board only want to hear it one way and don't have the civility to honor diverse opinions/facts. Best regards... MDW :)
Lead, Follow or Get Out of the Way...

Be Sure to Perform Your Own Due Diligence