The Cramer Clip you'll never see on CNBC

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 mikie007

mikie007

• Traders-Talk User
  • 29 posts

Posted 20 March 2007 - 06:26 PM

This is the thought provoking youtube Cramer clip for those of you like me who had never seen it. This is what we are up against daily from the hedge funds, the Fed/PPT and who knows who else. I had heard about this Wall Street Confidential clip which makes me think of what has been happening since the correction began. Cramer says a lot more in this clip than he probably should have and that it dosen't cost all that much to move the market....... hmmmmmm. For your late night evening viewing pleasure - Get your popcorn out and nuke it first for it runs about 8 minutes. B) Enjoy:

#2 Data

Data

• Validating
  • 2,618 posts

Posted 20 March 2007 - 07:40 PM

I saw it before it hit Youtube. He might be in some hot water now. There was an article in the New York Post today about that clip.

#3 PorkLoin

PorkLoin

• TT Member*
  • 2,194 posts

Posted 20 March 2007 - 08:23 PM

Thanks, Mikie! I used to trade short-term, but got burned out on it and don't really want to anymore. Don't think I can hang with the big fellers and the fast guys. But I sure still love this stuff. :D Best, Doug

#4 mikie007

mikie007

• Traders-Talk User
  • 29 posts

Posted 20 March 2007 - 10:16 PM

Hey Folks,

"I used to trade short-term, but got burned out on it and don't really want to anymore. Don't think I can hang with the big fellers and the fast guys.

But I sure still love this stuff. :D"

Well Doug, I understand you "love this stuff" for so many reasons. I, like you, do too but you would never know it unless you knew me. I will say that I am "fascinated" by this big business world of the market and the people. I never really did much in the market until recently when I retired and now wish that I had and that I could be much more knowledgeable - but I am still learning!. I have been blessed by the Lord above and in one of my work roles back then, working for the same Fortune 500 company for 35 years, I got to hangout with the "big fellers" shoulder to shoulder every now and then. The most fascinating several weeks I ever spent was in the actually locked and secured Trading Room within the Finance Headquarter of Compaq Computer after the Digital Equipment Buyout. The day to day activities, people and goings on were to me mind boggling and I loved every moment I spent there, even if I did not know my @ss from my elbow so to speak then nor even now in so many instances. What a world we live in and opportunities there are if we want to seek them out. :rolleyes:

mikie007

Edited by TTHQ Staff, 21 March 2007 - 02:13 PM.

#5 TTHQ Staff

TTHQ Staff

www.TTHQ.com

• Admin
  • 8,597 posts

Posted 21 March 2007 - 02:12 PM

http://youtube.com/watch?v=708wDFX28lc

What I would do is hit a lot if guys with RIMM... now you can't foment, that's a violation of...

Foment?

You can't foment... create uh... yourself an impression that a stock's down, but you do it anyway-- because the SEC doesn't understand it, so that's the only sense that I would say this is illegal, but a hedge fund that's not up a lot really has to do a lot now to save itself..so...this is actually just blatantly illegal, but when you have six days to when your company may be in doubt because you're down, I think it’s really important to foment , uh, if I were one of these guys, an impression that Research in Motion isn’t any good, but that this Research in Motion is the key… so you know, you would hit this guy and that guy, and you would see an offering.. when you’d see a guy who’s bidding you would wipe out that guy very quickly, but what I used to do is called, if I wanted it to go higher, take and bid, take and bid, take and bid.

If I wanted it to go lower I’d hit and offer, hit and offer, hit and offer. And I could get a stock like RIMM for ... maybe that might cost me fifteen... twenty million ante, to knock RIMM down, but it would be fabulous because it would beleaguer all of the moron longs who also came on Research in Motion.

"What’s important when you’re in the hedge fund mode is to not do anything remotely truthful." -Jim Cramer

#6 Data

Data

• Validating
  • 2,618 posts

Posted 24 March 2007 - 07:48 AM

Cramer's response to recent media criticism

http://www.thestreet...l/10345939.html

THOMAS KOSTIGEN'S ETHICS MONITOR
Jim Cramer's big mouth
His revelations only confirm what dupes average investors are

http://www.marketwat...dist=TNMostRead