whats the "meaning" of all this?

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 mikehb

mikehb

• Traders-Talk User
  • 400 posts

Posted 21 March 2007 - 10:40 AM

for me the stock market has become a constant minefield..between the day traders..the hedge fund traders ..and the rest of the scalping obsessed geniues..where does that leave "joe six pack"....in this age where people are more interested in emailing Mars with their cell phones than reading anything of any relevance..instant gratification has taken over..is it the convergence of the stock market bubble..the real estate bubble the housing bubble the foreign funded government debt bubble and the consumer credit bubble that has "joe" paralyzed???.....its brutal..what stock blows up next?..you tell me..this is just my opinion..and i could be wrong... :huh:

#2 Frac_Man

Frac_Man

Hank Wernicki M.A.

• Traders-Talk User
  • 1,458 posts

Posted 21 March 2007 - 10:46 AM

Mike,

I don't believe that the markets were meant to be a Bed of Roses.

It's a brutal place for well equiped soldiers.

Hank

today I'm betting a drop at 2:15 pm

for me the stock market has become a constant minefield..between the day traders..the hedge fund traders ..and the rest of the scalping obsessed geniues..where does that leave "joe six pack"....in this age where people are more interested in emailing Mars with their cell phones than reading anything of any relevance..instant gratification has taken over..is it the convergence of the stock market bubble..the real estate bubble the housing bubble the foreign funded government debt bubble and the consumer credit bubble that has "joe" paralyzed???.....its brutal..what stock blows up next?..you tell me..this is just my opinion..and i could be wrong... :huh:

#3 mikehb

mikehb

• Traders-Talk User
  • 400 posts

Posted 21 March 2007 - 10:48 AM

Mike,

Hank

Mike,

Hank

#4 flyers&divers

flyers&divers

• TT Patron+
  • 1,106 posts

Posted 21 March 2007 - 11:46 AM

I do not take any of the comment in the original post personally eventhough I am a scalper. I provide a very valuable service. When other people sell I buy it from them and when they want to buy I sell it and thereby helping to provide an orderly market. The market is an ecosystem. There is a place for everyone. Unfortunately people who do not care to learn the ropes or are not astute enough to ferret out the right advisors are on the wrong end of the food chain. In the past few years the markets have become amazingly democratic. Comissions close to zero, good liquidity, instant information and lightning fast order delivery system and gazillions of educational sites and communities like this. What else could an investor dream of? In the seventies we had to call a broker to get information anything more current than the morning paper. If they gave us quotes they did us a favor( somehow there was always a bigger investor tying them up on the other line). You could not diversify because the commissions were prohibitive. They vere blatantly ripping the customer off on the floor to a much larger degree then now. How do you think one of our current presidential candidates made 100k starting with 1K in Live Cattle futures? They ripped other customers off to give her the good trades. Was that better? The road to success in investment starts with an attitude that winning is possible because of industry competition and the web brought the individual investor into the same zone professionals are playing in. As a matter of fact the little guy can run circles around big money because they have the freedom not to get involved when they don't want to while the pros have to swing every day. :D Regards, F&D
"Successful trading is more about Sun Tzu then Elliott." F&D