• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 nimblebear

nimblebear

Welcome to the Dark Side !

• Traders-Talk User
  • 6,062 posts

Posted 22 March 2007 - 04:42 PM

This ought to help the dollar. :D ..not.

http://www.chinadail...tent_832848.htm
OTIS.

#2 Cirrus

Cirrus

• TT Patron+
  • 5,735 posts

Posted 22 March 2007 - 04:50 PM

Why buy our currency/bonds when you can buy assets--RE/commodities/even overseas equities? I think I read somewhere where they are setting up a huge "investment fund" with their reserves (which are growing rapidly).

#3 arbman

arbman

Quant

• Traders-Talk User
  • 19,504 posts

Posted 22 March 2007 - 06:32 PM

If they buy the European assets, the Europeans will deposit them into US Treasuries eventually, the Asia assets are never so stable since they don't have a big consumer base, they always depend on the western countries. So, the game doesn't end there for US! :lol: You need a real weakness in the USD to force people exit out of the US securities...

#4 Trend-Shifter

Trend-Shifter

• Traders-Talk User
  • 323 posts

Posted 23 March 2007 - 12:04 AM

Why buy our currency/bonds when you can buy assets--RE/commodities/even overseas equities? I think I read somewhere where they are setting up a huge "investment fund" with their reserves (which are growing rapidly).

It's all about positioning to have dollar options. So when Congress pressures them to float the Yuan they can hold treasuries over their head.
Only in geometry can a line go into infinity.

#5 pdx5

pdx5

I want return OF my money more than return ON my money

• Traders-Talk User
  • 9,529 posts

Posted 23 March 2007 - 02:26 AM

self delete because link does not work.

Edited by pdx5, 23 March 2007 - 02:29 AM.

"Money cannot consistently be made trading every day or every week during the year." ~ Jesse Livermore Trading Rule