Photo

Went short Q's with QID on close

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 Chilidawgz

Chilidawgz

A fool and his money... (the second mousie gets the cheese)

• Traders-Talk User
  • 5,626 posts

Posted 23 March 2007 - 03:41 AM

Posted Image
Anything can happen...what's happening now?
No one can forecast the future. No one.

All stocks (ETF's) are BAD...unless they go up - William O'Neil
When The Time Comes To Buy or Sell, You Won't Want To - Walter Deemer

#2 mdwllc

mdwllc

• Traders-Talk User
  • 574 posts

Posted 23 March 2007 - 08:14 AM

Chili: I have a position in QID so you can take my statement in that light. It probably won't happen again now that I'm mentioning it, but I am finding the QID closes very interesting the 3 days. In the last minute of trading, it is appearing to make a 20-30 cent price move....presently, I am assuming that it's day traders closing out positions but I'm not completely convinced of that hypothesis as of yet... anyway, I am not using the last minute to establish positions....MDW :)
Lead, Follow or Get Out of the Way...

Be Sure to Perform Your Own Due Diligence

#3 KCScott

KCScott

• Traders-Talk User
  • 322 posts

Posted 23 March 2007 - 09:00 AM

Chili: I have a position in QID so you can take my statement in that light. It probably won't happen again now that I'm mentioning it, but I am finding the QID closes very interesting the 3 days. In the last minute of trading, it is appearing to make a 20-30 cent price move....presently, I am assuming that it's day traders closing out positions but I'm not completely convinced of that hypothesis as of yet... anyway, I am not using the last minute to establish positions....MDW :)

Are you still holding 6K or did you stop out on Fed Day?
KC Scott Blogs at IBC: http://ibankcoin.com/kcscott/

#4 mdwllc

mdwllc

• Traders-Talk User
  • 574 posts

Posted 23 March 2007 - 09:56 AM

Still in..that's the reason I'm looking at the close so closely. Our work continues to indicate the potential for a significant downside [I've decided against posting numbers on this board but I can tell you it's lower than Frac's projection] in equities, in the time frame between 3/5 to 6/29th...MDW :)
Lead, Follow or Get Out of the Way...

Be Sure to Perform Your Own Due Diligence

#5 jonbear

jonbear

• Traders-Talk User
  • 64 posts

Posted 23 March 2007 - 12:26 PM

MDW,
I certainly appreciate your posts on all of your positions taken and closed in all markets and futures as I have found your turning points and positions to be very helpful to my trading. Please continue your updates on one of the TT boards.
Thanks in advance - Jon

Still in..that's the reason I'm looking at the close so closely. Our work continues to indicate the potential for a significant downside [I've decided against posting numbers on this board but I can tell you it's lower than Frac's projection] in equities, in the time frame between 3/5 to 6/29th...MDW :)