What, no discussion of Iran or Oil?

• Please log in to reply
17 replies to this topic

#1 BearItch

BearItch

• Traders-Talk User
  • 515 posts

Posted 25 March 2007 - 10:34 PM

Lots of talk about cycles and window dressing and some nice timely taunts from the bulls strutting their stuff. Iran takes 15 Brits. and tells the UN to take a hike on its sanctions which gives oil a nice spike but hardly if any a mention here. Bulls are giddy besides themselves so they can be forgiven. There was a day where the bears would be posting about it non-stop. Times have changed. The bears are not posting about it period. They are yawning too. Subprime lending , the China market correction and Jimmy the Geek got more posting space than this issue. I don't know what will happen with this situation but the FACT is the Middle East situation is heating up. I think I see a thick fog of complacency.

Edited by BearItch, 25 March 2007 - 10:35 PM.

#2 Russ

Russ

• Traders-Talk User
  • 7,200 posts

Posted 25 March 2007 - 10:53 PM

The attitude seems to be: We are at war with the Muslim world...Yawwwnnn...what's on TV tonight. However this this the heart of the Muslim world, the old Persian Empire - past conflicts with were a big reason for the fall of the Roman Empire according to historians.

http://stockcharts.com/c-sc/sc?s=$WTIC&p=W&b=5&g=0&i=p53645376231&r=4342.png
"Nulla tenaci invia est via" - Latin for "For the tenacious, no road is impossible".
"In order to master the markets, you must first master yourself" ... JP Morgan
"Most people lose money because they cannot admit they are wrong"... Martin Armstrong

http://marketvisions.blogspot.com/

#3 pdx5

pdx5

I want return OF my money more than return ON my money

• Traders-Talk User
  • 9,529 posts

Posted 25 March 2007 - 11:20 PM

<<What, no discussion of Iran oil?>> Why should there be? This is a TA board primarily right? The only interest here is looking at "charts". darn the funnymentals and geo-politics. The charts is all you need.
"Money cannot consistently be made trading every day or every week during the year." ~ Jesse Livermore Trading Rule

#4 OEXCHAOS

OEXCHAOS

Mark S. Young

• Admin
  • 22,027 posts

Posted 26 March 2007 - 06:14 AM

Oddly enough, yes. It's funny how the sub prime debacle or whatever, showed up in the technicals before hand. Or maybe, just maybe, you've (along with a ton of other folks) been fooled by the media into thinking that the funnys --or some inexplicable sudden realization of such by really smart folks with metric buttloads of money-- are a driving force behind price action. Now, with all that said, I've got nuttin' but murk in the technicals, with two little sentiment sells and the rest mixed to positive. :P So, maybe we can get some fundamental news to move this thing down and make my sells play out profitably. :lol: Mark

Mark S Young
Wall Street Sentiment
Get a free trial here:
http://wallstreetsen...t.com/trial.htm
You can now follow me on twitter

#5 PorkLoin

PorkLoin

• TT Member*
  • 2,194 posts

Posted 26 March 2007 - 08:21 AM

Though oil and natural gas haven't yet broken above what would be the necklines, they could be putting in Head and Shoulders bottoms.

Posted Image

Here's one recommended by Cirrus. Doing well even in tough times for the products. Made a nice triangular consolidation and tested the apex of it when the general market plunged on March 5, then went back to going upwards. Regardless of what happens in the future, I think a big Green Light is shining on this chart.

Doug

#6 BearItch

BearItch

• Traders-Talk User
  • 515 posts

Posted 26 March 2007 - 08:21 AM

Yes, it is always the other guy who gets "fooled." :P My comment had to do with the increasing possibility of an unanticpated reaction by Iran and had nothing to do with the debate over market fundamentals vs. market technicals. Iran is not a market fundamental. Anyway, someone let me know when the charts tell us that Iran is going to do something unpredictable and whacky. Some people do those things when they think they have been backed into a corner and think they have nothing to lose.

#7 qqqqtrdr

qqqqtrdr

• Traders-Talk User
  • 3,221 posts

Posted 26 March 2007 - 08:45 AM

Oddly enough, yes.

It's funny how the sub prime debacle or whatever, showed up in the technicals before hand.

Or maybe, just maybe, you've (along with a ton of other folks) been fooled by the media into thinking that the funnys --or some inexplicable sudden realization of such by really smart folks with metric buttloads of money-- are a driving force behind price action.

Now, with all that said, I've got nuttin' but murk in the technicals, with two little sentiment sells and the rest mixed to positive. :P

So, maybe we can get some fundamental news to move this thing down and make my sells play out profitably. :lol:

Mark

I have a little weakness on my charts about direction. It shows short term we go lower until we do not become overbought, but that means lateral or down for the next couple days, then it could be off to the races again. For now I will stay short and see how the next couple of days go.....

Barry

#8 securelstmile

securelstmile

• Banned
  • 2,603 posts

Posted 26 March 2007 - 08:57 AM

I call this the edge of your seat market. Everyone is on the edge of their seat waiting for something to tell them what to do. Clear as mud.
The harder I work, the luckier I get.

#9 Sentient Being

Sentient Being

• Traders-Talk User
  • 4,262 posts

Posted 26 March 2007 - 11:22 AM

I heard the russians allowed more sanctions because they are pissed at Iran for not paying up on the nuclear reactor work. Sounds to me like Iran is spending more than it's taking in and getting in trouble. Which makes them "weak" at this point even though they have the oil. I'm not pretending I know how this will play out, but it's interesting to watch. My understanding is that entire crux of Europe's, Russia, and Chinese support for Irans nuclear weapons program is they would rather have an Iran with Nuclear bombs than risk losing Irans $$$ and Oil. It's amazing we have gotten as much cooperation as we have. I think in part because Iran is not paying a lot of it's bills. Sadly, I must admit, if I start trading on the news, I'd probably do no better than using charts!
In the end we retain from our studies only that which we practically apply.

~ Johann Wolfgang Von Goethe ~

#10 johngeorge

johngeorge

• TT Member+
  • 4,616 posts

Posted 26 March 2007 - 12:38 PM

Though oil and natural gas haven't yet broken above what would be the necklines, they could be putting in Head and Shoulders bottoms.

Posted Image

Here's one recommended by Cirrus. Doing well even in tough times for the products. Made a nice triangular consolidation and tested the apex of it when the general market plunged on March 5, then went back to going upwards. Regardless of what happens in the future, I think a big Green Light is shining on this chart.

Doug

Doug

A couple months back I bought PVX and BTE Canroys and recently they have been moving up in price. XOM is also near its all time highs. Energy looks like a buy in here to me.

Best to you.
Peace
johngeorge