The cause of the stock futures action after hours

• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

#1 zedor

zedor

• Traders-Talk User
  • 1,380 posts

Posted 27 March 2007 - 04:34 PM

Either someone fears an imminent war or someone pushed the wrong button.

Does not look right to do both up and down so fast.

This is a 1 minute all sessions chart

Posted Image

Edited by zedor, 27 March 2007 - 04:35 PM.

#2 Russ

Russ

• Traders-Talk User
  • 7,198 posts

Posted 27 March 2007 - 04:59 PM

Bush is threatening Iran to release the 15 British sailors. I think it a given that those sailors will be released. Question is whether US forces go after Iran down the line?
"Nulla tenaci invia est via" - Latin for "For the tenacious, no road is impossible".
"In order to master the markets, you must first master yourself" ... JP Morgan
"Most people lose money because they cannot admit they are wrong"... Martin Armstrong

http://marketvisions.blogspot.com/

#3 zedor

zedor

• Traders-Talk User
  • 1,380 posts

Posted 27 March 2007 - 05:03 PM

Bush is threatening Iran to release the 15 British sailors. I think it a given that those sailors will be released. Question is whether US forces go after Iran down the line?

Like it or not whether that war happens or not will determine where the stock market goes.

But that one minute chart is still wild and I question what it is or what prompted that.

#4 nimblebear

nimblebear

Welcome to the Dark Side !

• Traders-Talk User
  • 6,062 posts

Posted 27 March 2007 - 05:08 PM

Here's what happened from CNN Oil spikes $5 on rumors of Iran attack After-hours contract jumps 8 percent on rumors that Iran fired on U.S. warships; navy denies story, crude falls from highs. March 27 2007: 5:47 PM EDT NEW YORK (CNNMoney.com) -- U.S. crude futures spiked over $5 a barrel in electronic trading late Tuesday on rumors that Iran fired on U.S. Navy warships. Crude gave up most of those gains after the U.S. Navy and White House denied reports of a confrontation, according to one trader. U.S. light crude for May delivery jumped $5.18, or about 8 percent, to $68.91 a barrel in electronic trading before settling back down to $64.03, about a dollar above Tuesday's closing price on the New York Mercantile Exchange. "This just illustrates how this market is on tender hooks regarding the situation in the Gulf," said Andy Lebow, a broker at Man Financial in New York. (My straights of Hormuz picture in earlier post :blush: - who would have thought something like this triggers so soon ?)
OTIS.

#5 PorkLoin

PorkLoin

• TT Member*
  • 2,194 posts

Posted 27 March 2007 - 05:42 PM

"This just illustrates how this market is on tender hooks regarding the situation in the Gulf," said Andy Lebow, a broker at Man Financial in New York.

Andy, Andy.. "On tenterhooks."

#6 bobalou

bobalou

• Traders-Talk User
  • 1,878 posts

Posted 27 March 2007 - 06:02 PM

if you want to go long,the qid is up an extra .50 from close

#7 ed rader

ed rader

• Traders-Talk User
  • 2,390 posts

Posted 27 March 2007 - 06:03 PM

"This just illustrates how this market is on tender hooks regarding the situation in the Gulf," said Andy Lebow, a broker at Man Financial in New York.

Andy, Andy.. "On tenterhooks."

i'd chalk that error up to the news service. :lol:

"Everybody's got plans... until they get hit."

-- Mike Tyson

http://erader.zenfolio.com/

#8 Guest_bbbull_*

Guest_bbbull_*
  • Guests

Posted 27 March 2007 - 06:58 PM

THe stock index futures are set to bounce here, then?

#9 redfoliage2

redfoliage2

• Traders-Talk User
  • 18,042 posts

Posted 27 March 2007 - 09:18 PM

Either someone fears an imminent war or someone pushed the wrong button.

Does not look right to do both up and down so fast.

This is a 1 minute all sessions chart

Posted Image

It looks like a missile, but it turned out not fired. Just to scare your guts out. :lol: :lol:

#10 raleigh

raleigh

• Traders-Talk User
  • 528 posts

Posted 28 March 2007 - 12:31 AM

"sneak attack' on iran. lol. the whole world knows now, even me in a small isolated town.