• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 arbman

arbman

Quant

• Traders-Talk User
  • 19,504 posts

Posted 28 March 2007 - 10:38 AM

I've been saying about the sector leadership being very wrong for weeks, but there is even more clarity now...

Posted Image

This is the IT frame sector rotation momentum (CCI indicators below) by using the technology and utilities ratios. I posted yesterday, but I just want to say why this is so important. I used the DJ Wilshire, S&P and DJ US technology and utility indices for these. I pasted the SPX chart on top. Sometimes the weighting makes a little difference in measuring the extremes since there is a powerful rotation into the utilities right now. This kind of market structure never leads the rallies.

Posted Image

- kisa

#2 pdx5

pdx5

I want return OF my money more than return ON my money

• Traders-Talk User
  • 9,527 posts

Posted 28 March 2007 - 11:44 AM

You are right, again! Atleast on your strategic thinking if not ST.

The following article by a seasoned real-estate broker confirms what you
are saying...

http://www.safehaven...rticle-7237.htm
"Money cannot consistently be made trading every day or every week during the year." ~ Jesse Livermore Trading Rule

#3 arbman

arbman

Quant

• Traders-Talk User
  • 19,504 posts

Posted 28 March 2007 - 02:19 PM

I see some signs of life in the select sectors, I hope the market gives me this last pop I was calling about yesterday before the next leg lower. It could last a few days, the worst news is out at the moment, but the critical lows are also broken despite the lower volume in some cases, but led by the financials and technology indices. This is not how the trends turn... Anything that has to do with financing such as the banks, industrials, REITs are breaking below the 3/21 lows. The tech is probably relatively more resilient, but also it is not leading to the upside much either...