Something odd is going on

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 GOOSE2

GOOSE2

• Traders-Talk User
  • 248 posts

Posted 29 March 2007 - 12:48 PM

In the 8 yrs I have traded the ES we have never had ten moves thru my "Goose line" over a 2 day period. Sometimes you get 2 maybe 3.......never 10. 95% of the time that number marks bearish/bullish. Long above, short below. Either somebody is holding her up or somebody is holding her down. FWIW, my stop on the 1427 buy yesterday afternoon is 1424. When I don't undersatnd whats going on I watch, no more trading for now. :wacko:

#2 atlasshrugged

atlasshrugged

• TT Patron+
  • 4,409 posts

Posted 29 March 2007 - 12:53 PM

In the 8 yrs I have traded the ES we have never had ten moves thru my "Goose line" over a 2 day period. Sometimes you get 2 maybe 3.......never 10.

95% of the time that number marks bearish/bullish. Long above, short below.

Either somebody is holding her up or somebody is holding her down. FWIW, my stop on the 1427 buy yesterday afternoon is 1424.

When I don't undersatnd whats going on I watch, no more trading for now.

:wacko:

has there been more good news or bad news the last several days??? I say there has been more bad news and and that is the machination holding it down. Bears will give in soon

#3 jjc

jjc

• Traders-Talk User
  • 2,886 posts

Posted 29 March 2007 - 01:13 PM

In the 8 yrs I have traded the ES we have never had ten moves thru my "Goose line" over a 2 day period. Sometimes you get 2 maybe 3.......never 10.

95% of the time that number marks bearish/bullish. Long above, short below.

Either somebody is holding her up or somebody is holding her down. FWIW, my stop on the 1427 buy yesterday afternoon is 1424.

When I don't undersatnd whats going on I watch, no more trading for now.

:wacko:

has there been more good news or bad news the last several days??? I say there has been more bad news and and that is the machination holding it down. Bears will give in soon

Things do seem wierd; For all of the energy being spent in the futures arena It's not moving
too fast; unusual.

#4 GOOSE2

GOOSE2

• Traders-Talk User
  • 248 posts

Posted 29 March 2007 - 01:15 PM

I guess, but I don't watch CNBC or read the news. I just keep it simple. I trade price.......a single number. Bullish above, bearish below.

#5 Cirrus

Cirrus

• TT Patron+
  • 5,735 posts

Posted 29 March 2007 - 01:25 PM

I agree with you. The past 25 TDs have really been strange. I'm net long but I am probably concentrated in energy and materials more than other sectors. I hold some ITM index puts and bought some puts in the OIH to partially hedge. I still have a large % of cash on the sidelines. FWIW, watching the action in the ES over the past several months, I think there's a lot of buy support and sell resistance systems and traders out there that trade intraday. I wouldn't be surprised if we soon moved into a period of time that was a little more volatile and trended a little more intraday soon but just a total guess here.

Edited by Cirrus, 29 March 2007 - 01:28 PM.

#6 GOOSE2

GOOSE2

• Traders-Talk User
  • 248 posts

Posted 29 March 2007 - 01:30 PM

8 fresh lows on the day.......jab, rally, jab,rally, jab, rally......

Big move is coming

Big move is coming

sorry, forgot to add.........

Look at the flag pattern intraday

#7 jjc

jjc

• Traders-Talk User
  • 2,886 posts

Posted 29 March 2007 - 02:30 PM

Big move is coming

Big move is coming

sorry, forgot to add.........

What I notice is the financials where doing well relative to the rest of the market. Instituions selling
first what they don't want and then buying the market? EOM 401. EOQ window dressing.

#8 sglasson

sglasson

• Traders-Talk User
  • 503 posts

Posted 29 March 2007 - 02:47 PM

where's your breakout? thanks