you gonna love this

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 A-ha

A-ha

• Traders-Talk User
  • 5,875 posts

Posted 29 March 2007 - 03:13 PM

mass migration to costa rica will continue with cargo plains in coming days ...

Equity Index Total Put / Call
Time Calls Puts Total Calls Puts Total Calls Puts Total Ratio

3:00 PM 862567 648536 1511103 407988 819758 1227746 1270556 1468294 2738850

Posted Image

Edited by xD&Cox, 29 March 2007 - 03:15 PM.

#2 dcengr

dcengr

• Traders-Talk User
  • 13,391 posts

Posted 29 March 2007 - 03:26 PM

When they were bringing the NDX down like a rock today, I was getting scared. They needed to turn that spigot off pronto before they scared the bulls off. Luckily, someone did, and got the bulls to plow in again. They're gonna turn the faucet on again tomorrow, then the handle's gonna break off sometimes next week :rolleyes:
Qui custodiet ipsos custodes?

#3 A-ha

A-ha

• Traders-Talk User
  • 5,875 posts

Posted 29 March 2007 - 03:38 PM

so far Naz gave the impression of a south end of a northbound mule... but in fact that mule is walking backwards with the rear end leading the way... in other words, the pattern that has been building is still in early stages, and by the time it gets to the sweet spot, you will literally see 10+ bottom calls per hour on this board. dont worry about the sentiment, the pattern will take care of it. the reason the market couldnt plunge in early march was the fact that sentiment got so bearish, the system was clogged... now the market found a way to work it out .

Edited by xD&Cox, 29 March 2007 - 03:46 PM.

#4 constanza

constanza

• Traders-Talk User
  • 14 posts

Posted 29 March 2007 - 04:49 PM

Here you go, another signal for you.. Whenever I post a reply to you, market plunges next day :lol: I just wanted to post something I read from a smart guy in Neiderhoffer's site, has some good points in it IMO.. "Nobody makes a name for himself in Wall St or any other street by claiming the status quo is OK. One must make an outlier claim and have it come true in order to move up in the mass respect line and increase one's bonus. For the S&P trader, there is nothing like making money on the short side since you get to strut around happy that you made a lot of money on a day the headlines are riddled with how much wealth was erased from the market that day. I've yet to hear anyone proclaim that they were so long here that it's coming out of their ears, yet it seems I hear that about being short on a weekly basis. This is one of the reasons the markets do not follow through on the downside very long. Everybody wants to be the hero and as soon as there is any break in the market, they are all very short very quickly. There is a reason Dr. Mark Faber's Boom Doom and Gloom report still has subscribers and its writer is invited to every investing conference and is included in the annual Barrons round table discussion despite the fact that he has been bearish on the Hang Send Index since about the 6000 level in 1993. People love the hero mode, even if it doesn't work."

#5 A-ha

A-ha

• Traders-Talk User
  • 5,875 posts

Posted 29 March 2007 - 05:11 PM

I do remember your reply to me at 1465... I think you said they need money for Hamptons ... I assume you meant "the boys" by "they"... but your personal preference was a rally to new all time highs... Unfortunately it occurred in the opposite direction... I mean "the wealth accumulation for Hamptons" Regardless, I am not a perma-bear like those mentioned in the post. There comes a time I will be a bull again, whether for a week or a month or a year. I just dont see a reason to be a one at the moment.

#6 thespookyone

thespookyone

• Traders-Talk User
  • 6,043 posts

Posted 29 March 2007 - 05:58 PM

Here you go, another signal for you.. Whenever I post a reply to you, market plunges next day :lol:

I just wanted to post something I read from a smart guy in Neiderhoffer's site, has some good points in it IMO..

"Nobody makes a name for himself in Wall St or any other street by claiming the status quo is OK.
One must make an outlier claim and have it come true in order to move up in the mass respect line
and increase one's bonus.
For the S&P trader, there is nothing like making money on the short side since you get to strut
around happy that you made a lot of money on a day the headlines are riddled with how much wealth
was erased from the market that day.
I've yet to hear anyone proclaim that they were so long here that it's coming out of their ears,
yet it seems I hear that about being short on a weekly basis.

This is one of the reasons the markets do not follow through on the downside very long.
Everybody wants to be the hero and as soon as there is any break in the market,
they are all very short very quickly.
There is a reason Dr. Mark Faber's Boom Doom and Gloom report still has subscribers and its writer
is invited to every investing conference and is included in the annual Barrons round table discussion
despite the fact that he has been bearish on the Hang Send Index since about the 6000 level in 1993.
People love the hero mode, even if it doesn't work."

Well, I guess that is one way of looking at it. To me, it seems the market has no downside follow through more because longs have been trained to buy every dip in this market. Conversely, I think the upside is limited because shorts aren't driven to cover. I think longs are the ones trying to be the hero here, in the sense that they are willing to overlook the sub-prime crisis, the outright gutting of the U.S. dollar, the obvious increase in crude prices-that will no doubt lead soon to reduced consumer spending, and the clearly obvious inflation led up by higher commodity prices. I don't think you need to be much of a "hero" to short here. Personally, I'm shorting the Q's from 44.30-so far so good, and as an aside here-does it bother anyone using the " bullish count" on the NAZ that your count has now overlapped=while my bearish count(a completion of abc of 2, to wave 3 down(which I believe has started)on the Q's still looks picture perfect?

Thespookyone

#7 LeroyB3

LeroyB3

• Traders-Talk User
  • 319 posts

Posted 29 March 2007 - 09:50 PM

You still have a bearish EW count...good luck with that. Best, LB