Advice please - how to gather technical team - Web

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 muppet

muppet

• Traders-Talk User
  • 128 posts

Posted 31 March 2007 - 11:13 AM

There's a new website that has recently taken off in the U.S. Prefer not to go into details, but I have an idea to be the first person to start a similiar service in Canada. It's obviously NOT eBay and has nothing to do with auctions, but I'm looking to gather technical people who would have the same level of skill needed to design and implement a website similiar to the navigation, interactive and technical aspects of eBay. I have sent out for quotes and information from Guru.com ... but am looking for other ways to QUICKLY assemble this team. I think that the first person to service the Canadian market will be the one to succeed. Might be a pipe dream, but think I can do it. Any comments appreciated. M. B)

Edited by muppet, 31 March 2007 - 11:16 AM.

#2 SideShowBob

SideShowBob

• TT Member*
  • 1,836 posts

Posted 31 March 2007 - 12:06 PM

MySpace.ca, eh?

#3 muppet

muppet

• Traders-Talk User
  • 128 posts

Posted 31 March 2007 - 12:57 PM

MySpace.ca, eh?

No ... much newer than that! :P

#4 Trend-Shifter

Trend-Shifter

• Traders-Talk User
  • 323 posts

Posted 01 April 2007 - 01:50 AM

There's a new website that has recently taken off in the U.S. Prefer not to go into details, but I have an idea to be the first person to start a similiar service in Canada.

It's obviously NOT eBay and has nothing to do with auctions, but I'm looking to gather technical people who would have the same level of skill needed to design and implement a website similiar to the navigation, interactive and technical aspects of eBay.

I have sent out for quotes and information from Guru.com ... but am looking for other ways to QUICKLY assemble this team. I think that the first person to service the Canadian market will be the one to succeed.

Might be a pipe dream, but think I can do it. Any comments appreciated.

M. B)

Hey Muppet,
Go to this web site. http://www.museconsulting.com/ Send Ralph an email if you are legit. He can help you or steer you the right way. He was at our facility this week in China.
Only in geometry can a line go into infinity.

#5 muppet

muppet

• Traders-Talk User
  • 128 posts

Posted 01 April 2007 - 01:02 PM

There's a new website that has recently taken off in the U.S. Prefer not to go into details, but I have an idea to be the first person to start a similiar service in Canada.

It's obviously NOT eBay and has nothing to do with auctions, but I'm looking to gather technical people who would have the same level of skill needed to design and implement a website similiar to the navigation, interactive and technical aspects of eBay.

I have sent out for quotes and information from Guru.com ... but am looking for other ways to QUICKLY assemble this team. I think that the first person to service the Canadian market will be the one to succeed.

Might be a pipe dream, but think I can do it. Any comments appreciated.

M. B)

Hey Muppet,
Go to this web site. http://www.museconsulting.com/ Send Ralph an email if you are legit. He can help you or steer you the right way. He was at our facility this week in China.

TF - Thanks so much for the link ... will check it out and attempt to contact "Ralph". I've posted the requirements on a few other computer "service" boards and will wait to see if I get any quotes. And yes, I am "legit" ... dead serious about going after this. Have already contacted a lawyer friend in Toronto to investigate some of the details. Excited about the possibilities.

Thanks again, M. B)

#6 slatedrake

slatedrake

• Traders-Talk User
  • 269 posts

Posted 01 April 2007 - 02:46 PM

Please update when you can. I'm interested in seeing how you finally land on a particular provider (method used to source prospects, etc...) Thanks, Slate
Before you start trading get your brain around risk control. Know how much leverage you're using and know when to go to cash if you're wrong.

#7 muppet

muppet

• Traders-Talk User
  • 128 posts

Posted 01 April 2007 - 06:00 PM

I'll let you know. At first glance the project looks huge .... but, like anything else, one step at a time. I know that the business model works ... so it's a matter of reproducing something similiar ... with, perhaps, even a better design. Best, M. :)