Hostage crisis......Index traders.....

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 VermeerUK

VermeerUK

• Traders-Talk User
  • 747 posts

Posted 02 April 2007 - 03:55 AM

Hi all I've just heard that the Brit 'Hostages'...(14 lads + 1 lass) have all made some sort of an appology(no pressure applied of course :lol: Depends what else the kidnapping pigs want.....They aint going to get an appology out of the British government full stop. So they might have got them selves out of the corner(obvious place for rats) THEY! painted themselves into over this kidnapping. Not saying tis definately gonna happen,but the chances look much better this morning for a swift(ish) release than they did at any time last week,imvho. Bottom line keep tight stops (only if your trading on the bear side though.. ;) if the hostages are let go soon (especially during US market hours.) Regards.V P.S......Not forgetting tis the start of a new quarter today......So the markets 'could' have a decent 'bid' under it for the next few days or so.

#2 caspary

caspary

• Traders-Talk User
  • 682 posts

Posted 02 April 2007 - 07:06 AM

looks like that. Looks like the kidnappers have indeed got what they wanted (crude oil up), plus the "confessions". I have some oil trades that I will close this morning and see how far the pullback will go. I still think we are headed higher based on global demand and summer season

#3 Cirrus

Cirrus

• TT Patron+
  • 5,735 posts

Posted 02 April 2007 - 11:04 AM

Yup, I also own some ITM OIH puts to partially hedge a decent position in energy stocks. The ironic thing is I'm long not because of geopolitics but because of charts and basic ST/IT/LT fundamentals.