• This topic is locked This topic is locked
19 replies to this topic

#11 fib_1618

fib_1618

• Traders-Talk User
  • 10,145 posts

Posted 02 April 2007 - 02:47 PM

I am very worried for my children...

But you decided to have them anyway...so evidently your logic tells you that the much of the inconsistencies you've shared in this thread really aren't so....ummmm...important, are they? I mean, what responsible indvidual would, in good conscience, decide to increase the population if the sources that are available for consumption are as limited as one might think they are?

Nobody would be even interested in the Middle East, if they didn't have control over the oil...

And nobody in the Middle East would have an interest in the west if it wasn't taught to them from birth that we are evil and needed to be destroyed?

And now the thread can be closed. :)

Fib

Better to ignore me than abhor me.

“Wise men don't need advice. Fools won't take it” - Benjamin Franklin

"Beware of false knowledge; it is more dangerous than ignorance" - George Bernard Shaw

Demagogue: A leader who makes use of popular prejudices, false claims and promises in order to gain power.

Technical Watch Subscriptions

#12 maineman

maineman

maineman

• Traders-Talk User
  • 1,987 posts

Posted 02 April 2007 - 03:48 PM

"the hatred is fueled by the economic imbalances, not by the color of your skin"

Not entirely true. Israel is a fingernail of worthless swamp and desert, yet its neighbors want them pushed into the sea. No oil there! And the Jews of Poland and Russia were, for the most part, the peasants, so it was pure ethnic hatred that led to their massacres.

Sometimes its oil. But all too often its sheer madness.

mm
He who laughs laughs laughs laughs.

My Blog -Maineman Market Advice

#13 arbman

arbman

Quant

• Traders-Talk User
  • 19,504 posts

Posted 02 April 2007 - 04:24 PM

But you decided to have them anyway...

See that's our selfishness and incompetence in overcoming the family heritage... :lol: I guess as you near 35, your understanding about the world and your vision about the future change a bit, I hope I will continue to evolve, although I am wildly bullish about the future for the next several decades, I am constantly depressed about what it will also bring: the total destruction...

In about 3 decades, whatever good wisdom of the middle aged people to the older generations have developed will be completely forgotten such that another bubble will be probably created and popped... I am not sure the current generation learned anything from the nasdaq 5000 bubble anyway...

And nobody in the Middle East would have an interest in the west if it wasn't taught to them from birth that we are evil and needed to be destroyed?

I don't want this thread to end this way, but the history of the region goes too far back with the conflicts based on the oil and the foreign interventions, the seeds were planted in a way it was impossible to have a lasting peace...

the Jews of Poland and Russia were, for the most part, the peasants, so it was pure ethnic hatred that led to their massacres.

I don't know how the differences were first drawn, but you are right, the trade was one reason, but I am sure it wasn't the only one, anyway, let's not confuse ourselves with the political noise...

The discussion was whether the inflationnary economic model is a direct result of the unsustainable population growth? Whether the increasing population is the reason why the unsustainable economic excesses were created and the burden of debt or inflation was passed to the next generations? If so, what happens if the population growth is not sustained? Who will pay the interest of the debt AND what happens to the economic free ride of the older generations? Have fun...

- kisa

#14 OEXCHAOS

OEXCHAOS

Mark S. Young

• Admin
  • 22,026 posts

Posted 02 April 2007 - 04:34 PM

Kisa, Keep remembering that you don't know what's going to happen, only that new and interesting things are going to get created and the world is going to get a lot "richer" than anyone can imagine. The need for physical resources, too, will get a lot less/capita. Where it all goes is a big fat unknown, but folks adjust and get creative if they are given freedom to do so. BTW, older folks, if they've been allowed or were able to to accumulate wealth, usually pay younger folks to take the entrepreneurial risks for them. OR they fund them. Stay optimistic about the long term. Provided the collectivists and madmen don't do us in, we should be just fine. Mark

Mark S Young
Wall Street Sentiment
Get a free trial here:
http://wallstreetsen...t.com/trial.htm
You can now follow me on twitter

#15 fib_1618

fib_1618

• Traders-Talk User
  • 10,145 posts

Posted 02 April 2007 - 04:49 PM

I am constantly depressed about what it will also bring: the total destruction...

One can not worry about things that one can not control.

Life's too short. Enjoy.

Fib

"Beware of false knowledge; it is more dangerous than ignorance" - George Bernard Shaw

Demagogue: A leader who makes use of popular prejudices, false claims and promises in order to gain power.

#16 arbman

arbman

Quant

• Traders-Talk User
  • 19,504 posts

Posted 02 April 2007 - 05:04 PM

I really had a wonderful childhood, like superb, too good and I can not provide the same for my kids, it doesn't exist. How? I was able to catch fish with my bare hands! They were so many only 25 years ago. My father used to say that was nothing compared to his time and I mean we didn't run a fishery to count them, it was just the summer to summer personal observation. I went back to where I used to dive, it was just empty, very disappointing and disturbing, then I realised somethings have really changed. You know, if you don't know about them, everything is just fine. So it is for my son, he doesn't get it. He will be totally fine probably until or if it ever threatens his existance. He will not get it when his old man says it is a bubble in 25 years either too! I didn't get my dad only 7 years ago, he told me about it several times, I told him it was different that time, fun times... :lol: - kisa

#17 fib_1618

fib_1618

• Traders-Talk User
  • 10,145 posts

Posted 02 April 2007 - 05:38 PM

I really had a wonderful childhood, like superb, too good and I can not provide the same for my kids, it doesn't exist. How? I was able to catch fish with my bare hands! They were so many only 25 years ago. My father used to say that was nothing compared to his time and I mean we didn't run a fishery to count them, it was just the summer to summer personal observation.

Here you are making a choice - it IS something you can control - it's totally up to you to decide on the things in life in which you want to share with your children.

You are the parent - your job is to build character and provide a platform from which your children can launch from in their attempt to live a full and rewarding life.

Provide balance and understand that change is a constant - nothing is ever the same as it ever was.

Fib

#18 arbman

arbman

Quant

• Traders-Talk User
  • 19,504 posts

Posted 02 April 2007 - 08:32 PM

The happiness, satisfaction and confidence are achieved much easier than what we think is best for our children, it actually depends much more on the quality time they spend with their parents for sure. I am trying to firmly establish this before they are 13 or so... :)

Some more charts and graphs about the current world trends, very cool website.

- kisa

#19 fib_1618

fib_1618

• Traders-Talk User
  • 10,145 posts

Posted 02 April 2007 - 10:41 PM

Fascinating site Kisa...thanks for the link! Fib

#20 arbman

arbman

Quant

• Traders-Talk User
  • 19,504 posts

Posted 03 April 2007 - 01:04 AM

You are welcome, this website is essentially more pessimistic about the population growth actually, check this out;

By 2300 the United Nations forecasts that the global population will be just under 9 billion. World population is expected to rise, peak and then decline slightly between 2050 and 2300. The highest long term population growth is predicted for Africa. Africa is currently underpopulated and has the lowest life expectancies. Other regions' populations are predicted to stay level or decline. Between 2050 and 2300 the areas currently known as India, China, the United States and Pakistan maintain their ranked order as having the world's highest populations. The numbers shown here are estimates - based on predicted future behaviours.

It also estimates here that;

By 2050 it is estimated that the earth's human population will be 9.07 billion. 62% of the people will live in Africa, Southern Asia and Eastern Asia - numerically this is the same as if all the world's current population lived just in these regions. In addition another 3000 000 000 will be spread accross the rest of the world.

All numbers shown here are estimates - estimates are never perfect.

"The choices that today's generation of young people aged 15-24 years make about the size and spacing of their families will determine whether Planet Earth will have 8, 9 or 11 billion people in the year 2050." United Nations Population Fund, 2005

So, according to the inflation model above, you are looking for a pretty darn permanent stock market top by 2050 (perhaps latest) for all the practical purposes. The current 36 yr generational top projects to 2030 according to the previous two right translated samples, so probably there will be another multi decade rally attempt in the following 30 years that will be interrupted, maybe it double tops. The reason is once the population growth starts to level off, the stock markets would basically respond (negatively) about the same time. This means the best rally you can get is probably this current one that will be born in the next decade (after the 9 yr cycle low around 2012) until 2030s. This planet might get a big war when the markets peak around 2050 probably from the insanely higher levels...

- kisa