Taking profits...

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 NAV

NAV

• Traders-Talk User
  • 16,087 posts

Posted 03 April 2007 - 10:18 AM

On the rest of my SSO position from SPX 1416 (SSO 84.5) right here around SPX 1437.5 (SSO 87.22). Rode this baby for nearly 22 SPX points. 3.2% profits in 2 trading days - i will take it. Just to be clear, i think this move is far from over. I still expect this move to carry us into the SPX 1455-1460 area, but not without pullbacks on the hourly charts. Today has a high potential of closing near the top tick of the day, based on the strong intraday breadth. Will buy again on any decent pullback.

Edited by NAV, 03 April 2007 - 10:19 AM.

"It's not the knowing that is difficult, but the doing"

https://twitter.com/Trader_NAV

#2 denleo

denleo

• Chartist
  • 3,097 posts

Posted 03 April 2007 - 10:20 AM

Nice trade. I am levered long and see no reason to sell whatsoever. I don't think we will get pull backs more than 5 S&P points. Denleo

#3 jjc

jjc

• Traders-Talk User
  • 2,886 posts

Posted 03 April 2007 - 10:23 AM

On the rest of my SSO position from SPX 1416 (SSO 84.5) right here around SPX 1437.5 (SSO 87.22). Rode this baby for nearly 22 SPX points. 3.2% profits in 2 trading days - i will take it.

Just to be clear, i think this move is far from over. I still expect this move to carry us into the SPX 1455-1460 area, but not without pullbacks on the hourly charts. Today has a high potential of closing near the top tick of the day, based on the strong intraday breadth. Will buy again on any decent pullback.

nice trade! I'm looking for a third push up this side of noon abouve 1448. I don't know that I'll get it.

#4 NAV

NAV

• Traders-Talk User
  • 16,087 posts

Posted 03 April 2007 - 10:23 AM

Nice trade. I am levered long and see no reason to sell whatsoever. I don't think we will get pull backs more than 5 S&P points.

Denleo

Thanks Denleo. Yes, 5-8 point pullback on SPX is what i am talking about. But that could come from higher levels.

#5 vitaminm

vitaminm

• Traders-Talk User
  • 6,701 posts

Posted 03 April 2007 - 10:25 AM

sds

http://finance.yahoo...PC ss...0&a=&c=
vitaminm

#6 NAV

NAV

• Traders-Talk User
  • 16,087 posts

Posted 03 April 2007 - 10:27 AM

On the rest of my SSO position from SPX 1416 (SSO 84.5) right here around SPX 1437.5 (SSO 87.22). Rode this baby for nearly 22 SPX points. 3.2% profits in 2 trading days - i will take it.

Just to be clear, i think this move is far from over. I still expect this move to carry us into the SPX 1455-1460 area, but not without pullbacks on the hourly charts. Today has a high potential of closing near the top tick of the day, based on the strong intraday breadth. Will buy again on any decent pullback.

nice trade! I'm looking for a third push up this side of noon abouve 1448. I don't know that I'll get it.

I doubt that ES 1450 will be taken out before the post-lunch session (2 PM EST). That one more assault you are talking about should come after 2 PM ( me thinks ). Good luck. I am stepping out to take some fresh air.

#7 jjc

jjc

• Traders-Talk User
  • 2,886 posts

Posted 03 April 2007 - 10:42 AM

I doubt that ES 1450 will be taken out before the post-lunch session (2 PM EST). That one more assault you are talking about should come after 2 PM ( me thinks ). Good luck. I am stepping out to take some fresh air.

There is this "surge into lunch" I follow. If we don't get it, it will tell me something about this afternoons trade.

#8 NAV

NAV

• Traders-Talk User
  • 16,087 posts

Posted 03 April 2007 - 10:51 AM

There is this "surge into lunch" I follow. If we don't get it, it will tell me something about this afternoons trade.

When you say surge, just how many points are you approximately looking for, from here (ES 1447)?

#9 jjc

jjc

• Traders-Talk User
  • 2,886 posts

Posted 03 April 2007 - 11:00 AM

When you say surge, just how many points are you approximately looking for, from here (ES 1447)?

That was it, not very strong(mildly bullish). I took partials at 1448; Rus didn't respond much at all. When I have time I'll explain.

explain

#10 NAV

NAV

• Traders-Talk User
  • 16,087 posts

Posted 03 April 2007 - 02:14 PM

It appears that we may likely pullback into the dynamic support on the ES around 1440-41 area by Wed morning, before the resumption of the uptrend.