• Please log in to reply
29 replies to this topic

#1 TTHQ Staff

TTHQ Staff

www.TTHQ.com

• Admin
  • 8,597 posts

Posted 07 April 2007 - 02:51 PM

Fearful Forecast... :blink: The most hair pulling scenario I can come up with, so gotta be right, right? Peak ~882 delete_this.gif

#2 jmicou

jmicou

• Traders-Talk User
  • 2,749 posts

Posted 07 April 2007 - 04:25 PM

Would you consider the commercials the "dumb money"?
Posted Image
Posted Image

#3 OEXCHAOS

OEXCHAOS

Mark S. Young

• Admin
  • 22,027 posts

Posted 07 April 2007 - 05:02 PM

I would venture a guess that Staff doesn't consider the commercials at all. I've personally had no luck using them as a sentiment measure...it's too hard to know what they are really up to. Like are they doing something to offset an etf play? The futures and etf's are much more liquid than the actual stocks in the RUT. BUT, if you've got a read on them, let me know. Mark

Mark S Young
Wall Street Sentiment
Get a free trial here:
http://wallstreetsen...t.com/trial.htm
You can now follow me on twitter

#4 jmicou

jmicou

• Traders-Talk User
  • 2,749 posts

Posted 07 April 2007 - 06:55 PM

Interesting you brought up the ETFs. On a SPX COT at TW, which is in a bullish configuration, jerkstore posted the following: "The COT data for Russell 2000 Mini contract is also showing an extreme Commercial long position and extreme Lg Spec short position, with Small Specs also net short. When you view this in conjunction with 110% of IWM shares being held short, it appears that the herd (ie. the new "smart money") is "all-in" short on small caps..."

#5 jmicou

jmicou

• Traders-Talk User
  • 2,749 posts

Posted 07 April 2007 - 07:10 PM

Here are a few SPX COT charts:
Posted Image

#6 OEXCHAOS

OEXCHAOS

Mark S. Young

• Admin
  • 22,027 posts

Posted 08 April 2007 - 09:54 AM

Well, it doesn't look Bearish. When do these report again? This big short position is odd. Very odd. It may not mean what it appears to mean. Mark BTW, when we were making the summer low, there was MUCH more Bearishness than we had at the recent low. Yet the non-Commercials, whoever they really are, were far less short back then. Mark

Mark S Young
Wall Street Sentiment
Get a free trial here:
http://wallstreetsen...t.com/trial.htm
You can now follow me on twitter

#7 jmicou

jmicou

• Traders-Talk User
  • 2,749 posts

Posted 08 April 2007 - 10:46 AM

Well, it doesn't look Bearish.

When do these report again?

This big short position is odd. Very odd. It may not mean what it appears to mean.

Mark

BTW, when we were making the summer low, there was MUCH more Bearishness than we had at the recent low. Yet the non-Commercials, whoever they really are, were far less short back then.

Mark

Posted Image

#8 jmicou

jmicou

• Traders-Talk User
  • 2,749 posts

Posted 08 April 2007 - 01:16 PM

Although I don't keep COT charts of the Nikkei (instead, use SentimenTrader), it appears to be in a bullish configuration.
Posted Image

#9 Russ

Russ

• Traders-Talk User
  • 7,200 posts

Posted 08 April 2007 - 03:00 PM

Not sure where you got your charts from but this one shows commercials still short, although the trend is for them to be less short than in feb/mar but new trend is increasing to the downside.
Posted Image
"Nulla tenaci invia est via" - Latin for "For the tenacious, no road is impossible".
"In order to master the markets, you must first master yourself" ... JP Morgan
"Most people lose money because they cannot admit they are wrong"... Martin Armstrong

http://marketvisions.blogspot.com/

#10 Echo

Echo

• Traders-Talk User
  • 2,273 posts

Posted 08 April 2007 - 03:17 PM

FYI, RUT generated an upward 10wk Hurst cycle projection to 845 +/- 8.5 points that should be met (if it is going to be met) before the May expiration 5/18, most likely by late April or early May. Echo