Following XD's footsteps

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 dcengr

dcengr

• Traders-Talk User
  • 13,391 posts

Posted 09 April 2007 - 09:00 AM

I'll be around, but no longer posting on the forums or my blog here.

My market views will be hosted at:

Dcengr's blog
Qui custodiet ipsos custodes?

#2 OEXCHAOS

OEXCHAOS

Mark S. Young

• Admin
  • 22,025 posts

Posted 09 April 2007 - 10:46 AM

Hmm, sorry to see you go here. Traders-talk doesn't censor anything other than off topic or offensive material and even then, we use a light hand. Basically, if you're reasonably polite and you avoid political or the few other other verboten topics, you'll never have a post deleted. Very little is deleted in aggregate. A few food fights a year, and spam, and a handful of major TOS violations, but that's it. We've never altered a word on any of our blogs. This on a site that has thousands of registered users a lot of folks come to our site to read the INTERPLAY. So, just setting the record straight, we don't go around censoring views we don't like. We only maintain a civil environment and see that folks mostly adhere to the rules that they agreed to when they joined. This is why Traders-talk.com is a growing and vibrant community where I learn something new with regularity--and this after 25 years in the business. Mark Young Founder Traders-talk.com

Mark S Young
Wall Street Sentiment
Get a free trial here:
http://wallstreetsen...t.com/trial.htm
You can now follow me on twitter

#3 dcengr

dcengr

• Traders-Talk User
  • 13,391 posts

Posted 09 April 2007 - 11:30 AM

Hmm, sorry to see you go here. Traders-talk doesn't censor anything other than off topic or offensive material and even then, we use a light hand. Basically, if you're reasonably polite and you avoid political or the few other other verboten topics, you'll never have a post deleted.

Very little is deleted in aggregate. A few food fights a year, and spam, and a handful of major TOS violations, but that's it.

We've never altered a word on any of our blogs.

This on a site that has thousands of registered users a lot of folks come to our site to read the INTERPLAY.

So, just setting the record straight, we don't go around censoring views we don't like. We only maintain a civil environment and see that folks mostly adhere to the rules that they agreed to when they joined. This is why Traders-talk.com is a growing and vibrant community where I learn something new with regularity--and this after 25 years in the business.

Mark Young
Founder
Traders-talk.com

Yes you guys do a great job in keeping the board civil. But every time I post on the forums, some others will insist on turning it into a food fight. Hence I lost all interest in posting in the forums. The point for maintaining the blog in TT vs Google was the forum, but since that relationship has died, there was no need.

For the record, I don't consider what you're doing censhorship as much as "trying to keep things civil", but in the end, it is still censorship and I'm pretty much tired of the asshats on the board.

I have ideas and I try to share them to see if anyone else has thoughts on them. I don't post them because I want asshats to tell me "its wrong" without reason like they're some sort of messiah, then go around crying to mods to get it deleted because it has vague political context.

And please, delete this post as well, to keep the board civil. Why even bother posting this response?
Qui custodiet ipsos custodes?

#4 caspary

caspary

• Traders-Talk User
  • 682 posts

Posted 09 April 2007 - 12:11 PM

Hmm, sorry to see you go here. Traders-talk doesn't censor anything other than off topic or offensive material and even then, we use a light hand. Basically, if you're reasonably polite and you avoid political or the few other other verboten topics, you'll never have a post deleted.

Very little is deleted in aggregate. A few food fights a year, and spam, and a handful of major TOS violations, but that's it.

This on a site that has thousands of registered users a lot of folks come to our site to read the INTERPLAY.

So, just setting the record straight, we don't go around censoring views we don't like. We only maintain a civil environment and see that folks mostly adhere to the rules that they agreed to when they joined. This is why Traders-talk.com is a growing and vibrant community where I learn something new with regularity--and this after 25 years in the business.

Mark Young
Founder
Traders-talk.com

I am proof of the censoring going on :lol:

#5 OEXCHAOS

OEXCHAOS

Mark S. Young

• Admin
  • 22,025 posts

Posted 09 April 2007 - 01:17 PM

I'm not sure that you've ever had a post moved. In fact, I think we need to change your status. You've been a basically good citizen to my recollection. Mark

Mark S Young
Wall Street Sentiment
Get a free trial here:
http://wallstreetsen...t.com/trial.htm
You can now follow me on twitter

#6 caspary

caspary

• Traders-Talk User
  • 682 posts

Posted 09 April 2007 - 02:49 PM

I'm not sure that you've ever had a post moved. In fact, I think we need to change your status.

You've been a basically good citizen to my recollection.

Mark

testing if i am still censored...

I'm not sure that you've ever had a post moved. In fact, I think we need to change your status.

You've been a basically good citizen to my recollection.

Mark

thanks Mark, I'll be good and if anyone is bad to me I'll just ignore them :D

#7 ed rader

ed rader

• Traders-Talk User
  • 2,390 posts

Posted 09 April 2007 - 03:08 PM

Mark Young
Founder
Traders-talk.com

I am proof of the censoring going on :lol:

yeah but you deserve it. hell you begged for it :lol: .

"Everybody's got plans... until they get hit."

-- Mike Tyson

http://erader.zenfolio.com/