To: da_cheif (don wolanchuk)
Date Posted: April 09, 2007 at 20:28:54
Subject: Re: 13n11 and 2 comparison charts
Reference: 13n????

13 and 11 here

PP

12 up: aa intc pfe gm t ko ibm mmm hd msft utx c

1 down: aig

The CLX and PP 10 and 30 MA's are hovering around the neutral zeroline and still projecting upside energy from the favorable offsets of both of them.

Note the CLX greenline overtaking the PP redline as it moves into plus territory and how rapidly the indicators will move into overbought territory if they continue to rise. Also clear in this chart is the anamoly of reverse leadership of the PP during the June-July period of last year before the relentless climb.

Posted Image

Edited by TTHQ Staff, 10 April 2007 - 10:30 AM.

#2 mortiz

mortiz

• Traders-Talk User
  • 277 posts

Posted 10 April 2007 - 07:16 AM

These charts certainly do not match the elegance of Joanne's work, but the blue curve provides an illustration of the 10 day and 30 day Dow CLX offsets in play over the next five trading days. The 10 and 30 day offsets falling off over the next five days are summed and plotted. Negative extremes denote favorable (for the bullish case) offsets, positive extremes not so favorable for the bullish case.

Posted Image

The NDX CLX 10 and 30 day offsets in play for the next five trading days have a similar pattern.

Posted Image

Randy N.

#3 Russ

Russ

• Traders-Talk User
  • 7,199 posts

Posted 10 April 2007 - 07:35 AM

Randy, Your charts are showing there is sometimes a lag, that the market goes down first before it goes up. Especially back in early 2005 for the dow which is the most comparable to now in terms of how negative clx got. Thanks for posting to both you and Cheif.
"Nulla tenaci invia est via" - Latin for "For the tenacious, no road is impossible".
"In order to master the markets, you must first master yourself" ... JP Morgan
"Most people lose money because they cannot admit they are wrong"... Martin Armstrong

http://marketvisions.blogspot.com/

#4 mortiz

mortiz

• Traders-Talk User
  • 277 posts

Posted 10 April 2007 - 07:52 AM

Russ, The arrows on the Dow offset chart designate approximately where the offset curve turned up following a negative extreme. The last Dow positive 10 day offset (for a while) evaporates today, the 30 day offsets are getting into the meat of a string of negative days. Yes, the offset extremes for this approach can be early once they turn up with respect to prices accelerating upward. I am just a novice/student with the CLX ********, cheif is da man when it comes to interpreting the indicator.... and as cheif always notes, other tools must used for confirmation of CLX-CLXpp signals. Randy N.

#5 Russ

Russ

• Traders-Talk User
  • 7,199 posts

Posted 10 April 2007 - 08:09 AM

Cheif has stated on this board that CLX has not been back tested by him though. This post of his also contradicts what he said last week, that we could see lows into this Wed. and I'm sure you've noticed that some the top traders on this board are looking for some weakness here. Russ
"Nulla tenaci invia est via" - Latin for "For the tenacious, no road is impossible".
"Most people lose money because they cannot admit they are wrong"... Martin Armstrong

#6 mss

mss

I'M WATCHING

• TT Sponsor
  • 6,182 posts

Posted 10 April 2007 - 08:33 AM

:)
FWIW, this has been fairly good at forcasting/confirming moves within 1-4 days.
This NOT a day trading tool. One should always use at least two other indicators in making decisions. B)

Posted Image
mss
WOMEN & CATS WILL DO AS THEY PLEASE, AND MEN & DOGS SHOULD GET USED TO THE IDEA.
A DOG ALWAYS OFFERS UNCONDITIONAL LOVE. CATS HAVE TO THINK ABOUT IT!!

#7 Russ

Russ

• Traders-Talk User
  • 7,199 posts

Posted 10 April 2007 - 08:54 AM

FWIW, this has been fairly good at forcasting/confirming moves within 1-4 days.
This NOT a day trading tool. One should always use at least two other indicators in making decisions. B)

MSS
Still looks bullish doesn't it.

#8 da_cheif

da_cheif

• Traders-Talk User
  • 10,963 posts

Posted 10 April 2007 - 09:32 AM

Cheif has stated on this board that CLX has not been back tested by him though.

This post of his also contradicts what he said last week, that we could see lows into this Wed. and I'm sure you've noticed that some the top traders on this board are looking for some weakness here.

Russ

>Cheif has stated on this board that CLX has not been back tested by him though.<''.....and where did you come up with that ?

lets clear your misstatement up..........i have never stated that.......doing it for 30 years resulting in 17 td of the year awards is the kind of backtesting that when given out for free results in this kinda crap rubs me raw......

#9 Russ

Russ

• Traders-Talk User
  • 7,199 posts

Posted 10 April 2007 - 09:51 AM

>Cheif has stated on this board that CLX has not been back tested by him though.<''.....and where did you come up with that ?

lets clear your misstatement up..........i have never stated that.......doing it for 30 years resulting in 17 td of the year awards is the kind of backtesting that when given out for free results in this kinda crap rubs me raw......

I apologize if I that is not what you meant. I would have to go back and look at all your posts to find the statement, that is what I thought you said. There was definitely a statement by you that something had not been backtested, I thought that something was CLX, but from your reaction that is not the case.

Russ

#10 securelstmile

securelstmile

• Banned
  • 2,603 posts

Posted 10 April 2007 - 09:52 AM

Da Cheif, You are the best!! I am about halfway through, "Paradigm," and I think it is awesome. BTW where do you keep the cartouche? ;) It is a really fun read thanks again for the recommendation. You really hit the nail on the head of what I requested when I was looking for reading material. And thank you for sharing your work.
The harder I work, the luckier I get.