Trust the Experts

• Please log in to reply
23 replies to this topic

#1 QID_trader

QID_trader

• Traders-Talk User
  • 44 posts

Posted 10 April 2007 - 10:48 PM

I was looking at the old posts here from right before the 2/27 Crash day and the guy who predicted it perfectly here was named xDCox. Does he posts here anymore? I went to his blog and he is predicting another 500-600 point Crash for the Dow to start now.

http://xtrends.blogspot.com/

He says "we have a very good chance of a mini crash, like 500-600 points."

Also the Hankster called for a Crash to start in early March but it came on 2/27 just a few days early. That is close enough for me to consider him expert. He is also calling for a Crash to start now.

http://www.traders-t...?...;blogid=20

He says "The fractal structure for the last 60 days is aligned for a significant decline. Perhaps the largest of the year."

WOW!!! :bear: :bones: :)

Plus smart money OEX traders buying tons of puts 3.12 P/C ratio today.

I am really excited now and feeling even better about those QQQQ Crash Puts I bought today.

-Greg

#2 nimblebear

nimblebear

Welcome to the Dark Side !

• Traders-Talk User
  • 6,062 posts

Posted 10 April 2007 - 10:58 PM

Good luck. May the Force be with you. :ninja: P.S. - If you get scorched tomorrow with a nice melt-up, will you blame Don or Fracster ? :D
OTIS.

#3 jmicou

jmicou

• Traders-Talk User
  • 2,749 posts

Posted 10 April 2007 - 11:18 PM

I was looking at the old posts here from right before the 2/27 Crash day and the guy who predicted it perfectly here was named xDCox. Does he posts here anymore? I went to his blog and he is predicting another 500-600 point Crash for the Dow to start now.

Also the Hankster called for a Crash to start in early March but it came on 2/27 just a few days early. That is close enough for me to consider him expert. He is also calling for a Crash to start now.

He says "The fractal structure for the last 60 days is aligned for a significant decline. Perhaps the largest of the year."

I am really excited now and feeling even better about those QQQQ Crash Puts I bought today.

-Greg

Not sure yet if these posts are for real or not. Two simple concepts that will not make money over the long haul is trading on emotion and trading for an "all in" approach for perceived tops and bottoms. Real profits come from a disciplined approach with a viable attempt at capturing the in between area as much as possible.

Edited by jmicou, 10 April 2007 - 11:20 PM.

#4 Russ

Russ

• Traders-Talk User
  • 7,201 posts

Posted 10 April 2007 - 11:19 PM

If memory recalls, both of those guys were slightly off. XD was looking for another week. As far as I know I was the only one that called it on the week-end before the mini-crash struck. Search for Slamma Jamma
"Nulla tenaci invia est via" - Latin for "For the tenacious, no road is impossible".
"In order to master the markets, you must first master yourself" ... JP Morgan
"Most people lose money because they cannot admit they are wrong"... Martin Armstrong

http://marketvisions.blogspot.com/

#5 selecto

selecto

• Traders-Talk User
  • 6,871 posts

Posted 10 April 2007 - 11:50 PM

I posted this "sell" on Sat., Feb 24.

#6 Russ

Russ

• Traders-Talk User
  • 7,201 posts

Posted 10 April 2007 - 11:52 PM

Sorry Selecto I don't remember seeing your post, good work. What does your system say now? Russ

I posted this "sell" on Sat., Feb 24.

"Nulla tenaci invia est via" - Latin for "For the tenacious, no road is impossible".
"Most people lose money because they cannot admit they are wrong"... Martin Armstrong

#7 selecto

selecto

• Traders-Talk User
  • 6,871 posts

Posted 10 April 2007 - 11:57 PM

Russ, I think we are pretty much done with this leg and will be trading lower.

#8 Russ

Russ

• Traders-Talk User
  • 7,201 posts

Posted 11 April 2007 - 12:06 AM

I think things are looking pretty stretched too as you probably noticed.

I am well aware of da cheif's view but people should remember he was telling people to 'watch the sky' just before Feb.26, this can only mean that his CLX has trouble spotting tops. We are about to find out.

Russ, I think we are pretty much done with this leg and will be trading lower.

#9 mikie007

mikie007

• Traders-Talk User
  • 29 posts

Posted 11 April 2007 - 01:17 AM

Hey - let me print the word "C A U T I O N" with the notion to read the fine, small, print.

For the record, I followed Hank's Fractal first crash plan and advice, perhaps too much to the letter, as well as the others you mention. Today, WWW, my entire retirement portfolio is down more than 40% from where I entered with my personal "crash to fortune trading plan" just a bit later in the day than the Frac_Man posted what he did. I am both human and like you want to live the good life. See that word retirement - I am fully retired and that portfolio is all I have with 3 sub prime mortgages to yet pay for with no rental income for rental of a summer place was not part of my plan. I bought 1370 SPY Puts that expire on the 21'st and I am still hoping and hope should not be part of the plan. I had no stops and things did not go exactly how the fractal suggested they might - think about what that means to your QQQQ's and stops if you have enough in them to get something back. I can go on - but like you, I am a big boy who knows the score (even before getting here) and was willing to take a risk. Yes, high reward is possible but....... I believe in a near term crash occurring - I am certain of in my hearth of hearths that it will happen - really. What do you believe and not just on the suggestion of some who seem to know it all and have made many good calls? HOWEVER- the timing issue with circumstances such as the PPT are beyond your control can be a killer even when you believe. Or, how best to trade the fractal possibility gain the best advantage is a problem for me due to my inexperience and that I must admit to. Add to that I am not as nimble as I used to be or as young as you doesn't help me but may hopefully give you a bit of an edge in certain ways. I won't be wiped out if we don't crash - but hurt - and I can always pump gas or flip burger or maybe do something more I feel I can do to get by worst case. I got a plan to survive so to speak. How about you?

Think about it with the FF sage advise given by these proven, bent, experienced market maven who know the deal. Remember, these guys are good, the best I know of anywhere and their suggestions have the best intentions for helping you and the others who read this in mind. I know they are trying to help as I am trying to covey my experience to you. And, I don't have to say that the price paid for the market education you are getting has one huge tuition that you will pay - Harvard U, including the advanced degree(s) offered, will likely be less expensive and much more fun for you as it would have been for me if I had gone their rather than trade the markets, I can assure you.

Consider well the fact Lady Luck does not always shine on you and your every trade. Plan! I hope you have added some reality thinking to this trade that you had not told us about and by the open have your full contingency plan thought through - or rethought and at the ready as the case may be. I offer you all the best wishes that I am capable of extending to you and your trading future.

REGARDS,

Mike

Edited by mikie007, 11 April 2007 - 01:23 AM.

#10 J.Bilkins

J.Bilkins

• Traders-Talk User
  • 373 posts

Posted 11 April 2007 - 05:33 AM

-Greg

Not sure yet if these posts are for real or not. Two simple concepts that will not make money over the long haul is trading on emotion and trading for an "all in" approach for perceived tops and bottoms. Real profits come from a disciplined approach with a viable attempt at capturing the in between area as much as possible.

Nice catch. I caught it as well. The only people who focus on past result crash calls are usually people who don't have real cash in the markets. The reason of course is "that was yesterday".

Europe taking off.
Nice lifetime highs everywhere.
INTC moving up on volume.
The only the bears have going for them is that we were up 8 days in a row so statistically a retrace NEEDS toc ome to retain a healthy market.
Besides that earnings season is just starting.
Many techs etc. are getting near large resistance levels so a retrace will be statistically in the cards for sure.
If we just meander with a small retrace then that would be massively bullish.

The 2-27 down move was a one day wonder and had 0 follow thru. I think it actually just retraced a couple weeks or so at that. Calling that a crash is not only wrong but extremelly misleading.

xD may have caught a nice down move that day but it is highly doubtful that he didn't lose it the next week.
Same with others claiming fame which is odd to me that some need to validate things.

I called the down move on 2-26 so guess I win the contest! I win 2 ego points. Reedemable for a piece of toilet paper from Zimbabwe...

Good traders have to do it day in and day out. Half the time I hit homeruns it simply offsets some duds....it is a tough game and why people look for the oracles who throw dice and go "all in" I'll never know. Sad to see actually because they don't last long.

It feels great to get "atta boyz" but in reality, you don't even know who it is coming from usually and it is a shallow empty victory..

I nailed everything and bought near low prints on the solars. I am long term the solars and figure they will be getting clocked for 40% retraces soon. I will sit thru it and it will suck even though I already sold 1/2 positions.

http://laosung.blogspot.com/

Fact of the matter is that trading is a lonely game and people want to be accepted and liked as if high school was going on sometimes. This includes myself and it is a large weakness...as is my big mouth many times..

Peace out everyone. Everyone is a winner who tries. Being young, I think it is best to get destroyed in the markets and lose everything. This will save losing everything when you really have some cash once the careers get going etc...