cycles

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 airedale88

airedale88

• Traders-Talk User
  • 1,708 posts

Posted 11 April 2007 - 01:25 AM

last post stated.." a minor nominal 6/7 day cycle due to bottom tuesday ideally. i then expect we have a couple day rally before the next nominal 5 wk cycle low due next monday+/- a day. we may see tests or new highs before that 5 wk low, if not we will afterwards. that might be a little clearer after this 6/7 day cycle bottoms...."

it appears the 6/7 day cycle low came in between late monday thru tuesday depending on the index. no real lift off the bottom, it's still possible. NYSE COMP did make new all time highs, others have more to go. i still expect more tests of or new highs on the other broad indices, either before or after the upcoming 5 wk cycle low due early next week.

the two charts below of NYSE COMP show the nominal 10 wk price and time projection using both fld and extrapolated lagged moving averages. i posted both charts for the benefit of anyone who may be studying Hurst's course and book. fld's are derived from the 1/2 span lagged moving average for whatever cycle is being examined.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Edited by airedale88, 11 April 2007 - 01:30 AM.

airedale

Outspeaks the Squire, "Give room, I pray,
And hie the terriers in;
The warriors of the fight are they,
And every fight they win".

Ring-Ouzel, England

#2 KCScott

KCScott

• Traders-Talk User
  • 322 posts

Posted 11 April 2007 - 08:29 AM

Dale are you still calling for a 4.5 year cycle low sometime this summer? If so, do you have an approx. date in mind? Thanks - Your work has been right on.
KC Scott Blogs at IBC: http://ibankcoin.com/kcscott/

#3 arbman

arbman

Quant

• Traders-Talk User
  • 19,504 posts

Posted 11 April 2007 - 08:59 AM

Thanks for sharing your work, do you think the bounce for the 1.25 wk low came in yesterday and it is heading down to 5 wk low, or you are off by a day? I think you were off at the 2.5wk low by a day too, I was off by 3 days, makes a big difference...

#4 airedale88

airedale88

• Traders-Talk User
  • 1,708 posts

Posted 11 April 2007 - 10:12 AM

Dale are you still calling for a 4.5 year cycle low sometime this summer?

If so, do you have an approx. date in mind?

Thanks - Your work has been right on.

late july best estimate. no indication for any downside objectives and/or whether or not it will be a higher or lower bottom than we saw in march.

Thanks for sharing your work, do you think the bounce for the 1.25 wk low came in yesterday and it is heading down to 5 wk low, or you are off by a day? I think you were off at the 2.5wk low by a day too, I was off by 3 days, makes a big difference...

kisa, i could be off. there was no definitive minor cycle low last week, different indices bottoming on different days. NYSE vs SP500, etc. the 5 wk low could be as soon as this friday.
airedale

Outspeaks the Squire, "Give room, I pray,
And hie the terriers in;
The warriors of the fight are they,
And every fight they win".

Ring-Ouzel, England