Covered shorts

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 denleo

denleo

• Chartist
  • 3,097 posts

Posted 11 April 2007 - 09:28 AM

Covered shorts. Made just 2 points. I don't believe bears are capable of selling. I will stay flat for now. Denleo

#2 arbman

arbman

Quant

• Traders-Talk User
  • 19,504 posts

Posted 11 April 2007 - 09:33 AM

It is just falling to find buyers probably though... ... except for energy issues, it is going vertical up...

#3 NAV

NAV

• Traders-Talk User
  • 16,087 posts

Posted 11 April 2007 - 09:45 AM

Why ? I don't see any reason to exit. I am still holding my shorts.

"It's not the knowing that is difficult, but the doing"

https://twitter.com/Trader_NAV

#4 arbman

arbman

Quant

• Traders-Talk User
  • 19,504 posts

Posted 11 April 2007 - 09:52 AM

Ooops! Now the energy turns around, the service stocks are also doing very poorly, I think this can get further legs... I will cover some here to book the profits a bit...

#5 selecto

selecto

• Traders-Talk User
  • 6,871 posts

Posted 11 April 2007 - 09:54 AM

I think too soon. The 60 min BB squeeze on the SPX is resolving downward, suggesting yet lower trading.

Edited by selecto, 11 April 2007 - 09:58 AM.

#6 Russ

Russ

• Traders-Talk User
  • 7,199 posts

Posted 11 April 2007 - 10:09 AM

Agree, vix has just left the gate. ES 1440 should be reachable on this run. Some retracements are bound to happen along the way.

I think too soon. The 60 min BB squeeze on the SPX is resolving downward, suggesting yet lower trading.

"Nulla tenaci invia est via" - Latin for "For the tenacious, no road is impossible".
"In order to master the markets, you must first master yourself" ... JP Morgan
"Most people lose money because they cannot admit they are wrong"... Martin Armstrong

http://marketvisions.blogspot.com/

#7 arbman

arbman

Quant

• Traders-Talk User
  • 19,504 posts

Posted 11 April 2007 - 10:28 AM

I am covering the 70% of my shorts, although RUT is leading it also stopped at the last week's support despite the trendline break, the volume declined on the last leg lower too. My average price was too low to make much profit. I think I will short a bounce or a rally and I don't want to hold much ahead of the Fed minutes although I think it should sell more...