QQQQ Crash Puts Up 36% Today

• Please log in to reply
15 replies to this topic

#1 QID_trader

QID_trader

• Traders-Talk User
  • 44 posts

Posted 11 April 2007 - 06:20 PM

Attention Playa Hatas :P This dumb gambla is up 36% in one day. Not bad for a days work huh? Tomorrow I expect the QQQQ to drop to 43.50 at a minimum based on horrible numbers from RIMM tonight, and hangover from Mega-Hawkish Fed minutes that scream Stagflation! By tomorrow my new BMW should be paid for. As I said before shorting this pig is easy money :D F8 gonna drop da hamma tomorrow. :bear: :bones: -Greg

#2 paulstan

paulstan

• Traders-Talk User
  • 452 posts

Posted 11 April 2007 - 06:39 PM

More power to you! Always appreciate folks who put it out there -- I thought it interesting so many argued against your position. My thought at the time is things are overextended on the bounce, and with a multi-day string of upside days that odds favored at least a down day, and possibly much more.

#3 S.I.M.O.N.

S.I.M.O.N.

SIMONForecast

• Traders-Talk User
  • 802 posts

Posted 11 April 2007 - 06:50 PM

Attention Playa Hatas :P

This dumb gambla is up 36% in one day. Not bad for a days work huh?

Tomorrow I expect the QQQQ to drop to 43.50 at a minimum based on horrible numbers from RIMM tonight, and hangover from Mega-Hawkish Fed minutes that scream Stagflation! By tomorrow my new BMW should be paid for. As I said before shorting this pig is easy money :D

F8 gonna drop da hamma tomorrow. :bear: :bones:

-Greg

My apologies, obviously you are not Zentrader and fwiw BMW's are very overrated, test drive a lexus, you will fall in love, although if you hold your puts till the close tomorrow, you'll be lucky to afford a 1/24th scale model.
*previously known as pnfwave

#4 n83

n83

• Traders-Talk User
  • 1,086 posts

Posted 11 April 2007 - 07:02 PM

Tomorrow I expect the QQQQ to drop to 43.50 at a minimum based on horrible numbers from RIMM tonight, and hangover from Mega-Hawkish Fed minutes that scream Stagflation! By tomorrow my new BMW should be paid for. As I said before shorting this pig is easy money :D

-Greg

My apologies, obviously you are not Zentrader and fwiw BMW's are very overrated, test drive a lexus, you will fall in love, although if you hold your puts till the close tomorrow, you'll be lucky to afford a 1/24th scale model.

Lexus's are overrated too-g

#5 thespookyone

thespookyone

• Traders-Talk User
  • 6,043 posts

Posted 11 April 2007 - 07:09 PM

-Greg

Having been in the car business years ago, I can assure you that dollar for dollar, BMW's are no prize. But then, as you could only be up $1500 MAX right now, thoughts of BMW's seem a bit premature,eh?

#6 arbman

arbman

Quant

• Traders-Talk User
  • 19,504 posts

Posted 11 April 2007 - 07:41 PM

If it doesn't go straight down tomorrow, a strong test higher next week is probably given. Today was a good start, but it really needs to follow through with a gap down and sell off on volume. I don't see a huge break down in the momentum of the cummulative breath yet, but a follow through will do it...

#7 J.Bilkins

J.Bilkins

• Traders-Talk User
  • 373 posts

Posted 11 April 2007 - 07:46 PM

-Greg

Lexus's are overrated too-g

but Camry's are awesome, dependable, get great gas mileage, and don't break down like GM and F stocks.

disclaimer. Long F from 7.

#8 J.Bilkins

J.Bilkins

• Traders-Talk User
  • 373 posts

Posted 11 April 2007 - 07:49 PM

Options expiration is next week....what is "Max Pain" on QQQQ. My march 42 were gonna make a killing last month. I should have covered at 41.75 or whatever but went for the homer and they expired worthless. 4 gazillion people bought the 42's the week before expirations and assured it not happening.. I snap shotted the volumes for entertainment last month and put it on my blog....

#9 caspary

caspary

• Traders-Talk User
  • 682 posts

Posted 11 April 2007 - 07:55 PM

-Greg

Congrats, new Qid on the Block. I knew you were on the right path, just didn't like the "plunge" bit. Anyway, tomorrow you should go past 100% gain. The odds were very favorable, and you played it well. I look forward to more stuff like this from you, I like to compare notes to gusto traders like you. Keep it up! I am holding onto some puts myself looking to unload tomorrow with any "RIMM" and Fed related selling. Good luck all and Qid! :)

#10 selecto

selecto

• Traders-Talk User
  • 6,871 posts

Posted 11 April 2007 - 08:11 PM

"...tomorrow you should go past 100% gain..." What will qqqq have to print tomorrow to make that happen?

Edited by selecto, 11 April 2007 - 08:15 PM.