cycles

• Please log in to reply
14 replies to this topic

#1 airedale88

airedale88

• Traders-Talk User
  • 1,708 posts

Posted 12 April 2007 - 01:45 AM

time window for the nominal 5 wk cycle low. possible projection off the 2.5 wk fld to mid 1420's. no confirmation currently. this 5 wk cycle will be right translated, bullish.

Posted Image
airedale

Outspeaks the Squire, "Give room, I pray,
And hie the terriers in;
The warriors of the fight are they,
And every fight they win".

Ring-Ouzel, England

#2 BearItch

BearItch

• Traders-Talk User
  • 515 posts

Posted 12 April 2007 - 04:07 AM

What happened to the 6/7 day low due Monday or Tuesday? Did it arrive one day late on Wednesday? Or did the market forget about its 6/7 day low and move on to the 5 week cycle low?

#3 airedale88

airedale88

• Traders-Talk User
  • 1,708 posts

Posted 12 April 2007 - 04:48 AM

it bottomed, turned up briefly, and then turned down. you can see it on intraday charts. NYSE Comp made a new all time high after the last 6/7 day low. other averages had small amplitude moves and then turned down. i did mention it's a minor cycle.
airedale

And hie the terriers in;

Ring-Ouzel, England

#4 airedale88

airedale88

• Traders-Talk User
  • 1,708 posts

Posted 12 April 2007 - 05:07 AM

it bottomed, turned up briefly, and then turned down. you can see it on intraday charts. NYSE Comp made a new all time high after the last 6/7 day low. other averages had small amplitude moves and then turned down. i did mention it's a minor cycle.

here's the intraday chart. the cycle bottomed at mondays' close, a little earlier than expected.

Posted Image
airedale

And hie the terriers in;

Ring-Ouzel, England

#5 BearItch

BearItch

• Traders-Talk User
  • 515 posts

Posted 12 April 2007 - 08:09 AM

Thanks. So your work is then is solely NYSE focused? What there a cycle top then on the same day at the close that accounts for this decline? ? I thought you were expecting a rally of a few days off this low before the next 5 week cycle low coming in on Modnay +/- a day. I am not sure how the current market action fits with your thinking

#6 mmm

mmm

• Traders-Talk User
  • 195 posts

Posted 12 April 2007 - 08:24 AM

Thanks airdale. Your work is always appreciated and fits with my analysis. Dennis

#7 airedale88

airedale88

• Traders-Talk User
  • 1,708 posts

Posted 12 April 2007 - 08:24 AM

Thanks. So your work is then is solely NYSE focused? What there a cycle top then on the same day at the close that accounts for this decline? ? I thought you were expecting a rally of a few days off this low before the next 5 week cycle low coming in on Modnay +/- a day. I am not sure how the current market action fits with your thinking

no, not just NYSE. the same price action shows in the SPX. the rally off that minor cycle low lasted from the end of the day monday to the top at the end of tuesday's trading. little bit longer than 1 day. i was wrong thinking it could last another day or so. in the same post i mentioned we had a nominal 5 wk cycle due to bottom around this weekend. a decline was due to start this week.

Edited by airedale88, 12 April 2007 - 08:25 AM.

airedale

And hie the terriers in;

Ring-Ouzel, England

#8 arbman

arbman

Quant

• Traders-Talk User
  • 19,504 posts

Posted 12 April 2007 - 11:06 AM

this 5 wk cycle will be right translated, bullish.

Yes, this is not the IT top...

#9 airedale88

airedale88

• Traders-Talk User
  • 1,708 posts

Posted 12 April 2007 - 01:01 PM

time window for the nominal 5 wk cycle low. possible projection off the 2.5 wk fld to mid 1420's. no confirmation currently. this 5 wk cycle will be right translated, bullish.

Posted Image

today is 21 weekdays from the last 5 wk low. actually by the close today it's closer to 21.5 days, so we are in the time window depicted on the above graph for a nominal 5 wk low. prices have not broken the 2.5 wk or any larger fld as of today's low print to give downside projections. this is very bullish. while it's hard to determine right now if the 5 wk low has definitely bottomed (taking out tuesday's high would confirm it has), the net result of current price action points toward new highs for the yr for SPX, more new all time highs for NYSE, etc, due soon.
airedale

And hie the terriers in;

Ring-Ouzel, England

#10 airedale88

airedale88

• Traders-Talk User
  • 1,708 posts

Posted 12 April 2007 - 02:53 PM

NYSE COMP has taken out it's previous high. strong evidence the 5 wk cycle bottomed today.
airedale

And hie the terriers in;

Ring-Ouzel, England