• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 hiker

hiker

independent trader

• TT Member*
  • 12,118 posts

Posted 12 April 2007 - 12:37 PM

some execs. of this fund are Denison execs.

daily -

Posted Image

Posted Image

#2 Cirrus

Cirrus

• TT Patron+
  • 5,735 posts

Posted 12 April 2007 - 12:42 PM

Hiker--we think alike. I've been long U.TO for almost a year now. I've traded around a core position. I think Uranium still has plenty of upside but who knows. I'm not sure if Doug included this one in his regular uranium posts or not. It's always been in my basket and is frequently my largest holding in the sector. It may not move quite as high as some of the uranium miners but it's hard for a management team to screw up a vault full of uranium.

#3 hiker

hiker

independent trader

• TT Member*
  • 12,118 posts

Posted 12 April 2007 - 01:01 PM

hard for a management team to screw up a vault full of uranium. Cirrus...most enjoyable and actionable post I have seen on any public board in the history of my trading since the 1970's. yes, U.TO has been my largest uranium holding next to UEX.TO for most of this multi-year run. I took almost everything off the table temporarily in the sector on last Thursday...needed $'s for another major trade (DNDN), which has worked out well..and better than keeping the holdings in the U sector. btw, I posted UEX.TO almost daily here in May 2004. Back then, there was a section at TT where I posted daily updates of stocks near or above the prior 52-week highs. Since the new TT board was upgraded, the admin. chose to eliminate that section of TT..so once in a while, I post the data at my TT blog.

Edited by hiker, 12 April 2007 - 01:06 PM.

#4 Cirrus

Cirrus

• TT Patron+
  • 5,735 posts

Posted 12 April 2007 - 01:05 PM

hiker---I really only watch the FF board. I wish you would post more of your picks here. In fact, there are several people that I wish posted their best ideas more often. Plenty of good traders here and I don't think posting picks, long or short has been abused here. Please continue to post your ideas when you get the chance.

#5 PorkLoin

PorkLoin

• TT Member*
  • 2,194 posts

Posted 12 April 2007 - 02:33 PM

Posted Image

In my main basket of U stocks, for sure. It's done well but hasn't kept up with most others. Less risk, though, just a straight bet on the price of uranium oxide and uranium hexafluoride. The big runup in the price of most U stocks lately deserves a correction, and though today's action looks pretty good I think we're likely in for some days or weeks before the next pop-up/breakout/resumption of the real uptrend.

Doug

#6 Cirrus

Cirrus

• TT Patron+
  • 5,735 posts

Posted 12 April 2007 - 03:14 PM

FWIW I think all the energy/basic resources issues, including uranium, will be ok until the OSX makes an ATH or slightly exceeds it. Perhaps Airedale is correct and we get some weakness into July OPEX in the whole market which would, of course, include a violent correction in those sectors.

#7 PorkLoin

PorkLoin

• TT Member*
  • 2,194 posts

Posted 12 April 2007 - 03:59 PM

Cirrus: FWIW I think all the energy/basic resources issues, including uranium, will be ok until the OSX makes an ATH or slightly exceeds it.

Yikes that's only 5% above where we are now..... :cry: