Photo

Canadian VS U.S. dollar - any fearless forecasts?

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 calmcookie

calmcookie

calmcookie

• Traders-Talk User
  • 2,536 posts

Posted 12 April 2007 - 01:24 PM

Still have some funds in Canadian dollars and am thinking that these will rise over next year or so against U.S. currency ... but what do I know? Not sure how Canadian housing is looking and if Canada will join the U.S. recession .... IF that even occurs. What a game ... sometimes it's just not worth worrying about. But, any fearless forecasts about these two currencies ... with logical reasons? Thanks, C.C. :) :blush:

#2 vitaminm

vitaminm

• Traders-Talk User
  • 6,701 posts

Posted 12 April 2007 - 01:32 PM

FXC/may pullback to 10ema but still in green zone

http://finance.yahoo...up ud...0&a=&c=
vitaminm

#3 chris

chris

• Traders-Talk User
  • 172 posts

Posted 12 April 2007 - 01:53 PM

Long term, the monthly RSI bounced off of 50. I would look for maybe a double top to form
on a lower RSI. (The Australian Dollar is nearing a 19 year high against the Greenback.)
Posted Image

#4 PorkLoin

PorkLoin

• TT Member*
  • 2,194 posts

Posted 12 April 2007 - 02:13 PM

Posted Image

Canada = much more resource-based economy than the U.S. Currently is running a surplus, if you can believe it when a government says that. It ought to go up versus the $US. Corrective move sideways/down looks like it's ended to me. :redbull:

Doug

#5 mdwllc

mdwllc

• Traders-Talk User
  • 574 posts

Posted 12 April 2007 - 04:09 PM

Still have some funds in Canadian dollars and am thinking that these will rise over next year or so against U.S. currency ... but what do I know? Not sure how Canadian housing is looking and if Canada will join the U.S. recession .... IF that even occurs. What a game ... sometimes it's just not worth worrying about.

But, any fearless forecasts about these two currencies ... with logical reasons?

Thanks, C.C. :) :blush:

C.C.: Am currently long 20 C$ contracts with GTC stop @ 85.95. Looking for near term target of 88.5-89.0. Should be some retracement to the 5/2 to 5/9 time frame, then up. At this point, you might want to consider purchase. As for the US$, it is in both a 5 and 8 1/2 year cycle phase and is projected to fall hard into the projected cycle low of July 2009 - June 2011. My last projection made last year indicated this would be about a 25% decline [but I didn't really fine tune a projection]. All currencies are expected to rally to higher highs against the US$ in 2008, possibly to new highs then or in 2009. My strategy is to focus on the SF, Euro and C$....MDW :)
Lead, Follow or Get Out of the Way...

Be Sure to Perform Your Own Due Diligence

#6 calmcookie

calmcookie

calmcookie

• Traders-Talk User
  • 2,536 posts

Posted 12 April 2007 - 07:56 PM

Thanks so much for all your comments and wonderful charts. I really appreciate it! This board is awesome! Great posters. :D Best, C.C.