Calling All Experts

• Please log in to reply
22 replies to this topic

#1 QID_trader

QID_trader

• Traders-Talk User
  • 44 posts

Posted 12 April 2007 - 07:26 PM

All, OK I am getting a little bervous about my April Crash Puts with all this talk about 4/20 cycle day. I am wondering if the F8 Fractal might iterate and stretch out to 4/20 before the Crash begins. I am still a novice trader and need some advice from the experts on what you see right now. First, please only reply in this thread IF you were correctly short during the 2/27 for the Crash. If you are one of the smart guys who was short for that Crash then I need to know if you are also short now and are looking for a big down move into 4/20 date or if you are long and think that this pig will hold up until 4/20? Please answer honestly because I really need some advice to learn from the Pros since I have very large stake riding on my April puts and don't want to screw this up. Many Thanks! -Greg

#2 bigtrader

bigtrader

• Traders-Talk User
  • 519 posts

Posted 12 April 2007 - 07:32 PM

Still wondering what crash was in late Feb.

No longer interested in debating with IGNORANT people.

#3 eminimee

eminimee

I don't care who's fur is flying...

• TT Member
  • 14,307 posts

Posted 12 April 2007 - 07:45 PM

Squid...the best learning experience you could have right now is to get burned big time. If this position is real and you have bet the farm on a fractal.........you need a big kick in the @ss towards learning TA and what works for you. I for one think you have no position at all, you sound like a grade schooler...... I'm assuming your "crash" puts are out of the money .....maybe Q's 43's? With one week left?...DOH! ...oh...and yes...I caught the down draft in Feb.

Edited by Teaparty, 12 April 2007 - 07:49 PM.

#4 paulstan

paulstan

• Traders-Talk User
  • 452 posts

Posted 12 April 2007 - 07:47 PM

OK, I've been short (long QID) prior to the february plunge. My analysis is that we had a high volume breakdown, and now have the subsequent rebound and this is an excellent area to either establish or re-establish short positions. We've had a relatively low volume bounce, and it's reasonable odds to expect the resumption of the downtrend from this level. With that said, however, we could continue to trend upward on low volume or break-out of the current range and test the highs again. I'm going to reduce my exposure if the NDX trades above 1820, and think it only prudent that you have a stop-loss strategy of some sort.

#5 grizzly

grizzly

• Traders-Talk User
  • 62 posts

Posted 12 April 2007 - 07:48 PM

I am no guru, but I have been around long enough to know that it is not prudent to sink a major portion of ones funds into near term options betting on a crash. I guess you want to hit a home run, but realize that the odds of striking out are much greater. Market is bound to have a significant correction at some point, but timing the top is very difficult. The least I would do is edge into short positions over time with portions of your funds, and if you have to use options go a little further out than a week or two. IMHO Been there done that.

#6 Frac_Man

Frac_Man

Hank Wernicki M.A.

• Traders-Talk User
  • 1,458 posts

Posted 12 April 2007 - 07:54 PM

Look at the big picture from 2/27 .................... it's still an intermediate top

the map I posted should help you , today was just a bounce in my view

Hank

All,

OK I am getting a little bervous about my April Crash Puts with all this talk about 4/20 cycle day. I am wondering if the F8 Fractal might iterate and stretch out to 4/20 before the Crash begins. I am still a novice trader and need some advice from the experts on what you see right now.

First, please only reply in this thread IF you were correctly short during the 2/27 for the Crash.

If you are one of the smart guys who was short for that Crash then I need to know if you are also short now and are looking for a big down move into 4/20 date or if you are long and think that this pig will hold up until 4/20?

Please answer honestly because I really need some advice to learn from the Pros since I have very large stake riding on my April puts and don't want to screw this up.

Many Thanks!
-Greg

#7 89S10

89S10

• TT Member+
  • 268 posts

Posted 12 April 2007 - 08:03 PM

You all are exceptionally polite to this Qidder.

#8 nimblebear

nimblebear

Welcome to the Dark Side !

• Traders-Talk User
  • 6,062 posts

Posted 12 April 2007 - 08:33 PM

Your posts remind me of another alias. Hayrake. Good luck.
OTIS.

#9 Mr Dev

Mr Dev

• Traders-Talk User
  • 11,528 posts

Posted 12 April 2007 - 08:37 PM

Following up on my own suggestion to you from the thread below on finding posts and or chart signals two days

or so, prior to feb 27th, here is something you may want to look at,... and compare.

Still know that not all our charts will always show the signals in time so use a few and take the first one that moves.

See example... feb 26th

.. .. ..
Mr Dev

......trading is basically a simple operation, but you have to be a genius to understand the simplicity.
.....timing,..... is ....everything !
... remember no guessing visit MrDev!

#10 caspary

caspary

• Traders-Talk User
  • 682 posts

Posted 12 April 2007 - 08:53 PM

There's some really good traders here, and they'll offer good advice. Maybe don't mention how much money you made or put on a trade or what you are going to do with the money etc beemer like. Just mention stuff that is relevant to a trade or analysis etc. That way you don't rub people the wrong way. Doesn't bother me, but that is how I got on the wrong side of folks :D . I learned my lesson and I am a good citizen now. Just trade and make money, but keep it to yourself. Other than that, you'll get good advice.