MRK on fire!

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 J.Bilkins

J.Bilkins

• Traders-Talk User
  • 373 posts

Posted 13 April 2007 - 07:27 AM

Wow! 7% volume already which includes last night of course but trading is wil right now!! Massive resistance at 50 so watch it close, expect some wild tape action back and forth and later on a breakout above it imo....but of course will wait

#2 Trend-Signals

Trend-Signals

• Traders-Talk User
  • 1,136 posts

Posted 13 April 2007 - 07:46 AM

Wow! 7% volume already which includes last night of course but trading is wil right now!!

Massive resistance at 50 so watch it close, expect some wild tape action back and forth and later on a breakout above it imo....but of course will wait

Congrat! :redbull: Nice call
Market Timing ... Trend-Signals.com

#3 J.Bilkins

J.Bilkins

• Traders-Talk User
  • 373 posts

Posted 13 April 2007 - 07:51 AM

Thanks, 11% volume now since posting last! Wowza!! Any clue on LFC. I have some April 50 calls that I bought 6 months ago that got blasted to 0. At the begining of the week they were worth .05. They were up 400% yesterday. I sold most of them but trying to regain some losses off these left overs.. I pretty much have to sell them today for safety then roll them out(at the appropriate time) but will leave 2 of them for entertainment for next week....they will probably get clocked but worth the loss for the chance of getting alot of the losses back....also entertainment value and all.... I figure they should open up at about .70 or so but no clue....

#4 Trend-Signals

Trend-Signals

• Traders-Talk User
  • 1,136 posts

Posted 13 April 2007 - 08:19 AM

Thanks, 11% volume now since posting last! Wowza!!

Any clue on LFC. I have some April 50 calls that I bought 6 months ago that got blasted to 0. At the begining of the week they were worth .05. They were up 400% yesterday.
I sold most of them but trying to regain some losses off these left overs..
I pretty much have to sell them today for safety then roll them out(at the appropriate time) but will leave 2 of them for entertainment for next week....they will probably get clocked but worth the loss for the chance of getting alot of the losses back....also entertainment value and all....
I figure they should open up at about .70 or so but no clue....

Interesting formation at the breakout! Another great call!!

I am wondering whether you are just pointing out your great calls or are you usually good? :D

Looks bullish, depending on your timeframe, I would take profit and think about re-entering if you want.

Now, I need to do my morning DD

Good luck with trades
Market Timing ... Trend-Signals.com

#5 J.Bilkins

J.Bilkins

• Traders-Talk User
  • 373 posts

Posted 13 April 2007 - 08:41 AM

I list everything at my blog in advance or real time but of course it is shut down due to some specific people from another board trying to hack me. I get attacked alot....guess that is why defensives have been up for many months and being rather assey lately.....mostly I enjoy helping people to be a good guy.... I don't brag about past stuff usually since it was yesterday etc...always list stuff to get ideas.... 50% of port is in solar plays since they bottomed. I rotate back and forth with them with the strategies I mentioned. Diversified thru multiple plays otherwise.... I usually throw in large hedges for down turns with QID or something... I haven't made any bad calls lately so just lucky I guess....unless a bad call is getting out with small losses which is all the time... Just having a good poker run is all. That is where most of my skill comes from. I have some great runs when I get on rolls....but my strategy is the biggest part....1/2 positions, rules and all that stuff developed over the years...

#6 fib_1618

fib_1618

• Traders-Talk User
  • 10,145 posts

Posted 13 April 2007 - 09:59 AM

"MRK on Friday said a federal judge in New Jersey dismissed with prejudice a consolidated securities class action filed by investors against the company in connection with disclosures regarding its pain reliever Vioxx. In the ruling, Judge Stanley Chesler of the U.S. District Court in Newark found that the securities action should be dismissed because all of the plaintiffs' claims were time-barred under the applicable statutes of limitations"

Better to ignore me than abhor me.

“Wise men don't need advice. Fools won't take it” - Benjamin Franklin

"Beware of false knowledge; it is more dangerous than ignorance" - George Bernard Shaw

Demagogue: A leader who makes use of popular prejudices, false claims and promises in order to gain power.

Technical Watch Subscriptions

#7 Cirrus

Cirrus

• TT Patron+
  • 5,735 posts

Posted 13 April 2007 - 11:05 AM

I have been wrong on MRK....It has surprised me. I keep an eye on the drug sector as I'm bearish very LT. Too much competition these days, government involvement, low hanging fruit (and mid tree too) has been picked in chemical treatment of drugs...it's going to take some time to play out and I may be wrong yet. I think genetics/biotech are new frontier.