Big day for tech earnings tommorow

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 2cents

2cents

• Traders-Talk User
  • 3,015 posts

Posted 16 April 2007 - 02:08 PM

or does the market even care? IBM INTC LLTC YHOO and others. That's a pretty good sampling. Will they spook anyone?
My opinion isn't worth the HTML it's written on

#2 securelstmile

securelstmile

• Banned
  • 2,603 posts

Posted 16 April 2007 - 02:24 PM

Vista was a bomb. But is it priced in? I will say there has not been enough press coverage on the bomb that is vista for me to believe so.
The harder I work, the luckier I get.

#3 Cirrus

Cirrus

• TT Patron+
  • 5,735 posts

Posted 16 April 2007 - 02:35 PM

I think Vista will do OK. It's going to take time. I know I'm waiting until the first service pack comes out. I'm planning on a major upgrade sometime in late summer.

#4 securelstmile

securelstmile

• Banned
  • 2,603 posts

Posted 16 April 2007 - 02:39 PM

I think Vista will do OK. It's going to take time. I know I'm waiting until the first service pack comes out. I'm planning on a major upgrade sometime in late summer.

I am thinking in terms of this quarter's earnings. I know there were major combatability issues that have gone under reported. I always weigh the known and accepted with the reality.
The harder I work, the luckier I get.

#5 hpm123

hpm123

• Traders-Talk User
  • 495 posts

Posted 16 April 2007 - 04:31 PM

If you can't get folks to switch of their own accord, force them to -

========================================
Microsoft's plan to phase out reseller shipments of Windows XP, the predecessor to the new Windows Vista platform, isn't proving to be very popular, based on Internet-driven feedback.

According to a Microsoft Life-Cycle Policy Web page, Microsoft plans to discontinue shipments of Windows XP to resellers on Jan. 31, 2008. The company also said retail licenses will be discontinued at that time. Editions affected include the Professional, Tablet PC, Professional x64, Home and Media Center editions of XP.
=======================================

http://www.computerw...l...T_AM&nlid=1