Took some profits....

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 NAV

NAV

• Traders-Talk User
  • 16,087 posts

Posted 19 April 2007 - 01:59 AM

Took 12 points profit on half my NQ short. Now let the other half ride. Yesterday, i asked Denleo and Mr Dev in one of the threads, if they would be willing to catch the gap-down. Mr Dev decided to ride the short side. Now here comes the big gap-down. How many are willing to catch this falling sword ?

"It's not the knowing that is difficult, but the doing"

https://twitter.com/Trader_NAV

#2 2cents

2cents

• Traders-Talk User
  • 3,015 posts

Posted 19 April 2007 - 04:42 AM

Took 12 points profit on half my NQ short. Now let the other half ride.

Yesterday, i asked Denleo and Mr Dev in one of the threads, if they would be willing to catch the gap-down. Mr Dev decided to ride the short side. Now here comes the big gap-down. How many are willing to catch this falling sword ?

Nav

I don't see a falling sword. I see extreme bullishness, a slightly higher high on extremely low volume, a USD falling through international tolerances, and an extremely over bought market. I've been all in short for a few days now and although the market is holding for now it is ripe to continue and extended downward move.
My opinion isn't worth the HTML it's written on

#3 eminimee

eminimee

I don't care who's fur is flying...

• TT Member
  • 14,307 posts

Posted 19 April 2007 - 05:35 AM

GE has been a big tell this week....I've covered half of my ES short from 1484 at 1471......I've do have a count that says we may have topped the B wave of expanded flat....but aware that yesterdays high may have only been a wave 1 of an ED C wave....really have to see how cash looks today.

#4 eminimee

eminimee

• TT Member
  • 14,307 posts

Posted 19 April 2007 - 07:50 AM

Took the rest of that ES short off at 1472.75...now flat. The short term bullish case...and I'm not showing the full count here....but if you can follow this....is that we hold the globex lows ...and better still hold 72.50 day session and bottom a "c" of "b" wave....we would now see 5 waves up to complete a bigger picture abcxabc of a big B wave from the March lows. I know that probably confusing. I have a target ..(if that is the case) of SPX 1484.

Taking out 1463 spx south....good chance the B wave top is in.

Posted Image

#5 NAV

NAV

• Traders-Talk User
  • 16,087 posts

Posted 19 April 2007 - 08:02 AM

TP, I have a target of ES 1459 before any new highs from here.

#6 fib_1618

fib_1618

• Traders-Talk User
  • 10,145 posts

Posted 19 April 2007 - 08:17 AM

The short term bullish case

The count shown is consistent with the internals at this time.

Nice job.

Fib

Better to ignore me than abhor me.

“Wise men don't need advice. Fools won't take it” - Benjamin Franklin

"Beware of false knowledge; it is more dangerous than ignorance" - George Bernard Shaw

Demagogue: A leader who makes use of popular prejudices, false claims and promises in order to gain power.

Technical Watch Subscriptions

#7 eminimee

eminimee

• TT Member
  • 14,307 posts

Posted 19 April 2007 - 08:28 AM

Thanks Fib....time will tell.... Nav...have you got your count on the blog?...got a link if so? Cheers

#8 NAV

NAV

• Traders-Talk User
  • 16,087 posts

Posted 19 April 2007 - 09:28 AM

TP, I don't have a clear e-wave count at this point. Based on my indicators, i think we should close at the lows of the day.

Edited by NAV, 19 April 2007 - 09:31 AM.