What's TRIN saying today?

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 paulstan

paulstan

• Traders-Talk User
  • 452 posts

Posted 19 April 2007 - 10:47 AM

Nasdaq adv/decline is 1:2 while the up:down volume is now >1 You TRIN guru's what it saying to you?

#2 qqqqtrdr

qqqqtrdr

• Traders-Talk User
  • 3,223 posts

Posted 19 April 2007 - 10:59 AM

I use the 4-day TRIN and the 10-day TRIN average. To me these averages are relatively low, but not low enough to warrant a top. We basically need TRIN to close below .45 for these signals to warrant a strong sell signal. With that said the 10-day has issued a sell but Open Arms is still not there yet. When we are close to a sell because of relatively low TRINs for a week, we need a really low TRIN one day, to push us to a sell signal. Right now trin is at .70, so it is not low enough to issue a sell.

#3 jjc

jjc

• Traders-Talk User
  • 2,886 posts

Posted 19 April 2007 - 11:13 AM

I use the 4-day TRIN and the 10-day TRIN average. To me these averages are relatively low, but not low enough to warrant a top. We basically need TRIN to close below .45 for these signals to warrant a strong sell signal. With that said the 10-day has issued a sell but Open Arms is still not there yet. When we are close to a sell because of relatively low TRINs for a week, we need a really low TRIN one day, to push us to a sell signal. Right now trin is at .70, so it is not low enough to issue a sell.

Barry,
thanks. Just to be clear:
These signals are the average of the TRIN at the close on a day bar?

--jjc

#4 OEXCHAOS

OEXCHAOS

Mark S. Young

• Admin
  • 22,041 posts

Posted 19 April 2007 - 11:34 AM

For me it was short-term Bullish, though once we go positive, it's just coincidental. Near-term stuff only. Bigger picture, today's TRIN doesn't mean much, as yet. M

Mark S Young
Wall Street Sentiment
Get a free trial here:
http://wallstreetsen...t.com/trial.htm
You can now follow me on twitter

#5 Douglas

Douglas

• Traders-Talk User
  • 1,843 posts

Posted 19 April 2007 - 09:31 PM

I've been tracking a five day moving sum of TRIN for years. A sell is generated anytime the sum moves near 4 or below and turns up, and a buy is generated anytime the sum moves near or above 6 and turns down. This gives reasonably good signals. Today it gave a sell signal.