• Please log in to reply
20 replies to this topic

#1 nimblebear

nimblebear

Welcome to the Dark Side !

• Traders-Talk User
  • 6,062 posts

Posted 20 April 2007 - 09:51 AM

We've seen some pretty good evidence of the lack of reliability in fractals. Hope QID didn't get hurt tooo bad. Haven't seen him since that 2500 view post he had. Tend to be concerned when there is so much confidence.
OTIS.

#2 OEXCHAOS

OEXCHAOS

Mark S. Young

• Admin
  • 22,022 posts

Posted 20 April 2007 - 09:56 AM

Fractals are rather reliable...I mean as reliable as anything else. Sometimes wrong, sometimes right. It's just that the times that they are right are so scary right that they get people to over commit. And QID trader won't be back. He wasn't for real.

Mark S Young
Wall Street Sentiment
Get a free trial here:
http://wallstreetsen...t.com/trial.htm
You can now follow me on twitter

#3 bullishnot

bullishnot

• Traders-Talk User
  • 66 posts

Posted 20 April 2007 - 10:01 AM

Hank's posts are very informative, and he isn't a cheerleader.

#4 Frac_Man

Frac_Man

Hank Wernicki M.A.

• Traders-Talk User
  • 1,458 posts

Posted 20 April 2007 - 10:18 AM

Fractals are reliable, however they change ----- and one needs to acquire the abillity to
recognize when the change develops ...........

Hank

We've seen some pretty good evidence of the lack of reliability in fractals. Hope QID didn't get hurt tooo bad. Haven't seen him since that 2500 view post he had. Tend to be concerned when there is so much confidence.

#5 spielchekr

spielchekr

• Traders-Talk User
  • 3,104 posts

Posted 20 April 2007 - 10:28 AM

...And QID trader won't be back. He wasn't for real.

There was something, er, fractal about QID. :D

#6 caspary

caspary

• Traders-Talk User
  • 682 posts

Posted 20 April 2007 - 10:33 AM

...And QID trader won't be back. He wasn't for real.

There was something, er, fractal about QID. :D

I think QID was dysfractional. he must be from a dysfractional family like er, ... , I forget.

#7 tommyt

tommyt

• Traders-Talk User
  • 5,136 posts

Posted 20 April 2007 - 10:34 AM

Nimblebear...fractals seem as good as many others I have seen...whatever system you use, you get your setup, get signal, take your shot...and use stops to protect. There is no grail out there, if some system hit 90% of the time, it would be kept secret and over traded...you act like a system can't be wrong?

#8 Long/Short Funds

Long/Short Funds

• Traders-Talk User
  • 97 posts

Posted 20 April 2007 - 10:35 AM

"Know When To Holdem,,, Know When To Foldem" No Holy Grail.....
Just an "Old Retired Fart" trying to keep my IRA invested with the market direction.

#9 redfoliage2

redfoliage2

• Traders-Talk User
  • 18,032 posts

Posted 20 April 2007 - 10:51 AM

Fractals are rather reliable...I mean as reliable as anything else. Sometimes wrong, sometimes right. It's just that the times that they are right are so scary right that they get people to over commit.

And QID trader won't be back. He wasn't for real.

With this outrageous manipulation usually in a OpEx week, no methods are reliable.
http://www.traders-t...showtopic=69288

I hope SEC cares about this.

Edited by redfoliage2, 20 April 2007 - 10:53 AM.

#10 nimblebear

nimblebear

Welcome to the Dark Side !

• Traders-Talk User
  • 6,062 posts

Posted 20 April 2007 - 10:58 AM

Nimblebear...fractals seem as good as many others I have seen...whatever system you use, you get your setup, get signal, take your shot...and use stops to protect. There is no grail out there, if some system hit 90% of the time, it would be kept secret and over traded...you act like a system can't be wrong?

I wasn't really knocking fractals. I was more concerned by the perceived followers that were fairly convinced they could trade regularly off the information being presented. There have been some good calls and some not so good. It looks 50/50 to me. I was thinking that if a fractal failed failed, like it did in QID's situation that for it to be somewhat reliable you would have probabilities assigned, and then some outside criteria as to why it failed so you could use some judgement in the future.
OTIS.