Posted 21 April 2007 - 10:42 PM

Now we have the 'Big Ben Call'.

#3 arbman

arbman

Quant

• Traders-Talk User
  • 19,504 posts

Posted 23 April 2007 - 03:18 AM

Cirrus, you are funny, but right. I was reading a few Morgan Stanley articles this month, they are all saying about the reacceleration of the inflation here in US and abroad in China and many other countries. I need to decide whether they are late to signal about the trade since everything rallied with the utilities/energy and commodities leadership or this is now a trend to continue. In any case, this last bit of hyperinflation should follow a mini-deflation at least at some point when the inflation moderates, so the question is when the Fed will allow, most likely when the USD reverses the next time... - kisa

#4 arbman

arbman

Quant

• Traders-Talk User
  • 19,504 posts

Posted 23 April 2007 - 10:15 AM

Yet another POMO this morning, the Fed is trying to support this market, but look what's happening? Only energy and utilities are rallying and the implied volatilities are up again. Moreover, the lenders started to borrow a bit, I am seeing the signs of a discounting activity at least coming up! I believe if there is any moment to go short it is probably this week, the prices are as high as they can recently, the leadership is the deteriorating, I will be looking to sell my remaining longs and short a rally (hopefully) with this structure into the end of month now... - kisa