• Please log in to reply
21 replies to this topic

#1 eminimee

eminimee

I don't care who's fur is flying...

• TT Member
  • 14,307 posts

Posted 23 April 2007 - 06:17 AM

I'm expecting at least 1405/08 area, if it's topping a B wave...should be deeper down to the 1327/33 area.

Watching XBD for clues..

http://stockcharts.com/c-sc/sc?s=$SPX&p=D&yr=1&mn=9&dy=0&i=p27661874079&a=100887420&r=8106.png

http://stockcharts.com/c-sc/sc?s=$XBD&p=D&yr=1&mn=4&dy=0&i=p99858601511&a=85988535&r=9265.png

http://stockcharts.com/c-sc/sc?s=$XBD&p=60&yr=0&mn=2&dy=18&i=p56925802308&a=102368544&r=8286.png

#2 fib_1618

fib_1618

• Traders-Talk User
  • 10,145 posts

Posted 23 April 2007 - 10:02 AM

A "B" wave?

Based on pattern structure, retracement levels, and the indicators you've provided, no, it's not.

Do you have an alternate count?

Fib

Better to ignore me than abhor me.

“Wise men don't need advice. Fools won't take it” - Benjamin Franklin

"Beware of false knowledge; it is more dangerous than ignorance" - George Bernard Shaw

Demagogue: A leader who makes use of popular prejudices, false claims and promises in order to gain power.

Technical Watch Subscriptions

#3 da_cheif

da_cheif

• Traders-Talk User
  • 10,964 posts

Posted 23 April 2007 - 10:36 AM

3rd waves allways start out as B waves.....snort

#4 Russ

Russ

• Traders-Talk User
  • 7,200 posts

Posted 23 April 2007 - 11:23 AM

The trendline off of the lows of Oct. Nov. and Feb. creates a wedge - with your top line - that spx is running into now. This is also Eric Hadik's date April 23 that he was looking for a top.

Edited by Russ, 23 April 2007 - 11:33 AM.

"Nulla tenaci invia est via" - Latin for "For the tenacious, no road is impossible".
"In order to master the markets, you must first master yourself" ... JP Morgan
"Most people lose money because they cannot admit they are wrong"... Martin Armstrong

http://marketvisions.blogspot.com/

#5 fib_1618

fib_1618

• Traders-Talk User
  • 10,145 posts

Posted 23 April 2007 - 12:07 PM

The trendline off of the lows of Oct. Nov. and Feb. creates a wedge - with your top line - that spx is running into now. This is also Eric Hadik's date April 23 that he was looking for a top.

Price pattern structure, as well as daily volume characteristics, do not support a wedge or diagonal.

Possible channel resistance? Maybe. (I see you adjusted the dates of your post while writing this) Possible snapback to what was the previous trend? Maybe. Many volume oscillators are scraping the ceiling right now. But observations like these can only compliment and have very little to do with Elliott methodology in the strictest sense.

Fib

"Beware of false knowledge; it is more dangerous than ignorance" - George Bernard Shaw

Demagogue: A leader who makes use of popular prejudices, false claims and promises in order to gain power.

#6 Russ

Russ

• Traders-Talk User
  • 7,200 posts

Posted 23 April 2007 - 12:11 PM

Price pattern structure, as well as daily volume characteristics, do not support a wedge or diagonal.

Possible channel resistance? Maybe. (I see you adjusted the dates of your post while writing this) Possible snapback to what was the previous trend? Maybe. Many volume oscillators are scraping the ceiling right now. But observations like these can only compliment and have very little to do with Elliott methodology in the strictest sense.
Fib

Here it is, I think we can count five waves up now too.

Posted Image
"Nulla tenaci invia est via" - Latin for "For the tenacious, no road is impossible".
"Most people lose money because they cannot admit they are wrong"... Martin Armstrong

#7 fib_1618

fib_1618

• Traders-Talk User
  • 10,145 posts

Posted 23 April 2007 - 12:13 PM

I count 7.

Fib

#8 Russ

Russ

• Traders-Talk User
  • 7,200 posts

Posted 23 April 2007 - 12:18 PM

Are the last two really part of the 5th? The Dow looks very much like 5. Wave counting has problems it is open to interpretation. The main point it the trendlines it is running up against now, they were support until Martin Armstrong's pi cycle panic hit, now they look like pretty strong restistance.

http://stockcharts.com/c-sc/sc?s=$INDU&p=D&yr=1&mn=0&dy=0&i=p76404918351&r=158.png

I count 7.

Fib

Edited by Russ, 23 April 2007 - 12:23 PM.

#9 fib_1618

fib_1618

• Traders-Talk User
  • 10,145 posts

Posted 23 April 2007 - 12:41 PM

The Dow looks very much like 5. Wave counting has problems it is open to interpretation.

Wave counting is the most difficult methodology out there because many fail to follow the rules laid out by Elliott himself and fail to identify correctly the degree of trend. For example, what you visually see as a 5 wave structure on the Dow breaks the most important rule of this analysis....third waves can not be the shortest wave. Aside from that, there is also uniformity between "like" market indexes that need to be considered. If you compare the Dow chart with that of the SPX chart, this same price pattern uniformity is lost.

I will also point out that you are missing the most important element in all of this on both your charts - that of daily volume. Remember that Elliott provides a labeling to what we see as basic technical analysis, so if the basic TA isn't there, then you're count idea will surly fail to unwind as expected as well.

Fib

#10 Russ

Russ

• Traders-Talk User
  • 7,200 posts

Posted 23 April 2007 - 12:52 PM

Just because volume is not included in my gif. does not mean I am not looking at it.

Are you saying that Elliot's rules have never been violated?

The Dow looks very much like 5. Wave counting has problems it is open to interpretation.

Wave counting is the most difficult methodology out there because many fail to follow the rules laid out by Elliott himself and fail to identify correctly the degree of trend. For example, what you visually see as a 5 wave structure on the Dow breaks the most important rule of this analysis....third waves can not be the shortest wave. Aside from that, there is also uniformity between "like" market indexes that need to be considered. If you compare the Dow chart with that of the SPX chart, this same price pattern uniformity is lost.

I will also point out that you are missing the most important element in all of this on both your charts - that of daily volume. Remember that Elliott provides a labeling to what we see as basic technical analysis, so if the basic TA isn't there, then you're count idea will surly fail to unwind as expected as well.

Fib