• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 OEXCHAOS

OEXCHAOS

Mark S. Young

• Admin
  • 22,027 posts

Posted 23 April 2007 - 02:27 PM

Today's issue was kind of fun. Note GNTX, particularly... ;)

Posted Image

STRONG Market

So, just a couple days ago we were seriously worried about the deteriorating breadth and momentum, but now we're concerned about the market running away. What a difference a day makes, eh? Seriously, the market has improved considerably, but it's now over done. The options data probably doesn't' mean much after op-ex, but it does suggest that we could get a pullback. At this point, we probably won't play for it, though we may snug stops pretty tight in the next day or so if the market moves higher unabated.

DOW: Nothing but air above the Dow.

Posted Image

S&P500: The S&P is also quite strong and looking unstoppable (and thus a major worry to me).

Posted Image

NDX: The Nasdaq put in a funky stick, but honestly this index is probably healthier than the rest internally.

Posted Image

RUT: The Russell is lagging and that could be a worry for the market.

Posted Image

HUI: The miners are doing what they do, which is wear technicians out. Looking a bit better though.

Posted Image

KG: King is looking better now.

Posted Image

BONT: Bon Ton was stronger than a short should be and that means it may be gone soon, but it'll be gone for a gain. Not bad making money on shorts in a strong market.

Posted Image

PGTI: PGT was quite weak and it looks to me like the lows won't hold. Cross your fingers. The action is Bearish.

Posted Image

EVC: Entravision pops up, but puts in an odd stick. A nice holding and doing well price-wise but it may go soon unless that stick was an anomaly.

Posted Image

PLCE: Children's Place is gone but gone for more gain on the short side than the market gave on the long side.

Posted Image

GNTX: Gentex did not do well and it's a possible problem.

Posted Image

NSTC: Ness broke up and we're now long.

Posted Image

SUNW: Sun Micro is poised. We own this stock already in managed value accounts.

Posted Image

CAG: Conagra broke out of the tight wedge so if it keeps going, we'll be getting long soon, with a bit of luck.

Posted Image

HRL: Hormel is a classic set up AND a possible buy out play (I view any food or consumer non-durable stock as a potential buy out).

Posted Image

HXL: Hexcel broke up, but did not extend. Still, the volume appears interesting to me.

Posted Image

XTXI: Crosstex still looks OK. Go again.

Posted Image

AATI: Advanced Analogic is just a classic bullish wedge.

Posted Image

ADBE: Adobe sure gets plenty of money from us, but an ugly pattern is not to be ignored. I'm willing to add a short here, if it continues to misbehave.

Posted Image

NDN: $0.99 Stores also looks bullish in here. I don't like long funky wicks, but it could still play for gunslingers.

Posted Image

Summary:
The market is bullish, but there are hints of weakness under this mantle of strength in the major indices. If it wasn't obvious from looking at the sudden under-performance by the Russell, then all one would to do is look at some of the gains we've managed on the short side during this rally. So, from our perspective, we will favor the long side, but we'll also keep a short or two in select issues. The market is due for a correction and if one comes in the next day or so, a short or two might keep us in the black on a down day.

Be Well, and Trade Smarter Than the Average Bear!

-The ChartSmarts Team

For 4/23/7:

Current Positions:

Long 50% KG at 18.94, stop at 20.51

Short 50% BONT at 55.21, stop at 53.38. Target is 47.83

Short 50% PGTI at 12.31, stop at 12.31. Target is 10.91

Long 50% EVC at 9.29, stop at 9.86

Long 50% GNTX at 16.54 stop at 16.16

Long 50% NSTC at 13.21, stop at 12.68

Watch List :

SUNW: Buy 50% on a print of 5.97, stop at 5.73

CAG: Buy on a print of 25.47, stop at 24.83

HRL: Buy on a print of 37.97, stop at 37.21. No 30' rule

HXL: Buy 50% on a print of 20.11, stop at 19.34

XTXI: Buy 50% on a print of 29.66, stop at 28.47

AATI: Buy 50% on a print of 6.92, stop at 6.64

ADBE: Short 50% on a print of 41.78, stop at 43.27

Changes in Current Positions:

Move the stop up on KG to 20.51

We are stopped out of PLCE at 51.37 (+ 4.8%)

Move the stop up on GNTX to 16.16

We are now 50% long NSTC at 13.21

Mark S Young
Wall Street Sentiment
Get a free trial here:
http://wallstreetsen...t.com/trial.htm
You can now follow me on twitter

#2 ChartSmarts

ChartSmarts

Smarter than the average bear.

• Admin
  • 2,142 posts

Posted 23 April 2007 - 02:32 PM

Shameless, Mark. Good news/Bad news, though----> GNTX up 14%, but we missed HXL (up over 6% today) But fun.... don't forget this part: Go ahead, click it. You'll see.
Be Well, and Trade Smarter Than the Average Bear!

Click here to start your 2 week free trial at www.chartsmarts.com.